Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2016 18:00

CANNOT uninstall Dell Support Software Center

Driving me INSANE!!  Every forum I read says to Uninstall the Dell Support Software Center to get rid of this window popping up over and over to tell me to insert the support disk.  Started about a month ago - pops up over and over and over and over - about every five minutes or less.  I've got a Dell Studio XPS with Windows 7 Professional.  Another forum said to just uninstall Dell Support Center (Support Center Software) - but when I try to uninstall it - THE SAME STUPID WINDOW POPS UP ASKING ME TO INSERT THE SOFTWARE.  I tried doing a Browse and it's looking for DSC20.msi.  I haven't managed to find it yet.  I have at least found \Program Files(x86)\Dell Support Center but there's so many sub-directories...

I shouldn't have to be jumping through so many hoops just to uninstall a program.  This is driving me crazy and I haven't found an answer online yet.

7 Posts

April 29th, 2016 18:00

Oh and BTW - I've already done a search on my entire PC for D*.msi and only two Microsoft installers come up that have nothing to do with this!

7 Posts

May 1st, 2016 08:00

Not a single answer yet?  And I tried Dell Support on Twitter.  Didn't get a response there either.  Making me NOT want to buy my next computer from Dell.

No Events found!