Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2015 09:00

CLEANING UP : WINDOWS 7 L702X

I usually leave  laptpp running during night ( hibernate / sleep .... )

This week laptop appears npt to hibernate (ie power light at top of keyboard still on.

McAfee appears to do updates on a frequent basis recently. Any connection?

However my main query is:-

Yesterday morning when switching on wifi (had switched wireless off at night to save battery)

message on windows 7 : "Cleaning up" or similar ..... do not switch computer off .... updating windows .... xx Complete ........ or very simiar

Took several minutes..... went away .... circular icon ....... eventually came back when heard bell from windows ... machine appears to be running OK ..... nothing unusual .....

currently have query upgrade windows 10 home ... to be hidden ... (I have no  plans to move to windows 10)

Machine appears to be working without any new problems. Checkup OK

Many thanks

I currently have query regarding Upgrade windows 10 home

August 25th, 2015 10:00

Jesse

I do not understand your reply.

I do not want to move to windows 10. I was advised to hide the upgrade windows 10 home. However it kept beng installed and was advised to hide it. tryijg to find out how.

Then got the cleaning up message. Trying to find out what that means. Appears to work OK

• 

16.7K Posts

August 25th, 2015 09:00

Walter Carson,

Although, Windows 10 may work well on your computer and install the drivers with it. Dell does not have any Windows 10 drivers for this computer.

No Events found!