Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2012 08:00

Can't exit diagnostics - Can't boot windows

Hi

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron One 2305.  I was having a problem with windows locking up so I pressed F12 after the Dell logo and ran the diagnostics.  No problem was found.  I then chose the option of booting to untilities partition.  Now when I boot the computer it goes directly to diagnostic screen.  When I exit that screen it reboots to the same screen.  I used my recovery disk and ran startup repair.  Did not correct the problem.  I then ran recovery and it came back with error code 0X8000FFFF.  I cant get to F8 to run in safe mode.  I can get to command from recovery  menu.  Any suggestions.  I do not have disks to reinstall windows.  Thanks

2.6K Posts

November 30th, 2012 14:00

Hi,

I have got your message and I would be replying to you on the private message.

2.6K Posts

November 28th, 2012 08:00

Hello Alljoy,

There are a couple of steps that can be tried which might help us in fixing the issue.

1. Releasing flea power.
-- Disconnect all the external peripherals from the computer including the battery and the ac adapter and release the flea power by pressing and holding the power button for 5 to 10 seconds and check.

2. Do a BIOS Defaults.
-- Restart the computer.
-- Keep tapping F2 on the Dell Logo screen.
-- It takes to the BIOS.
-- Press F9 then Press Enter.
-- Once prompted to save and exit, Press F10 then Press Enter.
-- The computer Restarts.

Check the functionality and write back to us with results, I’d be glad to assist further.

4 Posts

November 28th, 2012 10:00

Did both and still boots to diagnostic menu.  

2.6K Posts

November 29th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

Thank you replying. Appreciate your efforts in performing the steps. In this case, we would require the Recovery CDs to resolve the issue. As you have mentioned that you do not have the recovery cds, I’d request you to private message me the system service tag number. To private message, click on my user name and click start conversation. 
I’d be glad to assist you further and let you know the next course of action.

4 Posts

November 29th, 2012 13:00

Allan - I sent you the service tag number.  Please let me know if you got it okay.  Thanks

4 Posts

December 11th, 2012 16:00

Problem solved with the disks you sent to me.  Thanks so much for all your help.

2.6K Posts

December 11th, 2012 22:00

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for replying. Glad to know that the issue was fixed.
Please feel free to write back to us for further queries in future. 

1 Message

June 28th, 2018 23:00

Hi. Could you help me too? 

I got the same problem. :(

1 Message

March 6th, 2021 05:00

Fast forward to 2021 and my Dell Inspiron 7570 is doing the same thing. 

The computer is only 3 years old - and very early on the computer screen would freeze often. It would take 20 minutes, literally, to boot up and get going again. This week, it froze - I hit CTRL-ALT-Delete in an attempt to get to the Task Manager and close all programs. The computer now will not work.

A diagnostic test was done - the message states no issues found. I hit the continue button and it cycles back to running a diagnostic test. 

I followed your instructions above - hitting F2 continuously on the Dell logo screen. It brings me to a light purple screen that states "setting" - General, system config, video, security, etc. are folders on this page. I can "restore settings" or "exit" .... Is this this Bios screen you mentioned? When I try to follow the F9 then enter button instructions nothing happens. 

What next?

Thank you

March 30th, 2021 03:00

P

March 30th, 2021 03:00

Power on your computer, try hitting enter/ space key continuously or any other key but not f keys.. it your computer boot can boot windows, just replace your keyboard... Writting from my experience.

1 Message

November 27th, 2021 01:00

I ran diagnostic test on my Dell inspiron 5348 series . It passed Now it will not get off that screen.  I hit X or exit and asks if I'm sure I want to exit and reboot.. is that what I want to do?   Can you please help me? it would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Message

January 10th, 2022 09:00

Hi DELL-Allan D,

It would be nice to get the disks too.

Thank you.

1 Message

January 13th, 2022 14:00

The problem is that no matter which recovery option I choose, it rejects my password (Safe Mode, Startup Repair, dramacool9, and even System Restore
No Events found!