Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2012 19:00

Can't get computer to start and error in trying to restore

I can't get my Dell XPS with Windows 7 to start correctly. I can log in to safe mode but when I go to do a repair or anything else, I get a box below operating system that is blank. It almost looks like it isn't finding the operating system.

I also get an error message 0x400110020000100C.

This is so frustrating and have no idea how to resolve.

Cynthia

September 4th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

I understand how frustrating it is to keep getting the same error while logging into the system. As you have mentioned that you already tried logging into safe mode, I would suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue:

1. Please run the Startup Repair tool by using the Windows 7 installation disc:

a) Insert the installation disc.
   b) Restart the computer and keep tapping the F12 key and select CD/DVD option and keep tapping any key on the key board.
   c) Select language preference, and then click Next.
   d) Click Repair your computer.
   e) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the operating system as Win7click Next.
   f) In the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair to start the repair process.
  g) When the repair process is complete, click Finish.

2.If the problem started recently use the Windows Recovery Environment to run System Restore:

a) Insert the Windows 7 installation disc into the disc drive and then start the computer.
   b) Restart the computer and keep tapping the F12 key and select CD/DVD option and keep tapping any key on the key board.
   c)Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.  
   d) Click Repair your computer.
   e) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the operating system as Win 7 click Next.
   f) In the System Recovery Options menu, click System Restore. 
  g) Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction and choose the appropriate restore point before the issue occurred.
  h) Click Finish to restore the system.
  i) The system will restart.
  j) After restarting logon and check if the issue is resolved.

You can also refer to the Microsoft Article No. KB925810 http://bit.ly/QhSWKr

Please let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards           
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

53 Posts

September 4th, 2012 07:00

Thank you, Dell-Priyanka_S,

"Launch Start up Repair" or "Start Normally". Launch Start Up Repair gives me same error with no other options.

Start Normally goes in a circle back to the same menu to choose either of the later two.If I leave it sit it will to automatically to System REcovery Options, that takes me to Recovery options with no Operating system showing up.

Not sure how to proceed.

Cynthia

53 Posts

September 5th, 2012 06:00

Or would using the command prompt work. Again, I would like to be walked through how to proceed since not getting anywhere on my own

53 Posts

September 5th, 2012 06:00

I am noticing under System Recovery Options the text "if your operating system isn't listed, click load drivers and then install drivers for your hard disks. Can someone walk me through doing this?

Thanks

September 11th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

To assist you better please specify which option are you trying to work with,the first step which is :-Please run the Startup Repair tool by using the Windows 7 installation disc or the second optiong i.e:-.If the problem started recently use the Windows Recovery Environment to run System Restore.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 30th, 2013 01:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                                  

No Events found!