Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2013 14:00

Could someone send me an iso of Windows 7 Professional 32bit Dell DVD without SP1? I lost mine.

Hello,

Could someone send me an iso of Windows 7 Professional 32bit Dell DVD without SP1? I lost mine.
Dell would not sell the disks to Belgium...
The recovery partition is also lost.

Thanks.

Matthias

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 14th, 2013 14:00

You must use official channels to obtain Windows media.  Use "retail" media, then activate over the phone (with Microsoft, not Dell) using your Product Key.  These ISO's are available from Microsoft's online partner, Digital River:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-32-bit-x86-direct-download-links/

3.3K Posts

October 14th, 2013 15:00

Hi Matthias,

We do not ship ISO image of Operating system.

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message click Here, then click "Send a Private Message".

Awaiting your response!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 15th, 2013 00:00

Hello,

Dell would not sell the disks to Belgium...
The recovery partition is also lost.

Thanks.

Matthias

Why without Service Pack 1? The installation will go much better with Service Pack 1 included.

The .iso can be found here: 

http://heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links 

Older versions without SP1 are listed however I recommend using one with SP1.

Use the Activation Backup and Recovery Program to backup and restore your Dell OEM Product Activation and you essentially have a Dell Windows 7 Reinstallation DVD/USB.

Follow Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean Install of Windows 7: 

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/ 

13 Posts

October 15th, 2013 04:00

We have a recovery DVD Windows 7 Pro 64bit from another Dell.

As those DVD's are generic, can I use a 64bit Recovery DVD from Dell on a Vostro 1720 came with 32bit?

The processor supports 64bit and in the driver list, it is also 64bit support.

Is this method supported by Dell?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 15th, 2013 08:00

Windows 7 32 Bit Professional and Windows 7 64 Bit Professional licenses are one and the same (so long as you only have one installed at one time). The system Locked Preinstallation key/mechanism is identical for all Dell Windows 7 Professional Reinstallation DVDs and you will not have to type in a separate product key.

It is unlikely however that Dell Technical Support will support you as this is not the original Operating System the computer was shipped with.

13 Posts

October 15th, 2013 08:00

We have a recovery DVD Windows 7 Pro 64bit from another Dell. As those DVD's are generic, can I use a 64bit Recovery DVD from Dell on a Vostro 1720 came with 32bit?

The processor supports 64bit and in the driver list, it is also 64bit support.

If I do it, it is auto activated. Do I have to activate Windows with my own code?

Is this method supported by Dell?

I want to hear an answer from a Dell representative itself.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 15th, 2013 10:00

Your two threads have been merged.  You won't hear from a Dell representative here on the forums, but your answer is in nat's reply above.

3.3K Posts

October 16th, 2013 17:00

Hi streulma,

Yes, you can use the same Dell OEM disk to reinstall the 64-bit Operating system in the computer. It is pre-activated and does not require any activation.

Please reply for further questions.

No Events found!