Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2007 09:00

Creator 9 only works when connected to a network or internet on my new dell 1505 with vista

I have a new dell 1505 with the roxio creator de (9).
It has vista..

I want to tell you it worked before without being on the net, but I can't. I had about 5 days before I deployed to get everything updated and working for my deployment.. I was connected to dsl the whole time, and tried the program and it worked.

Well I get to my new home for undisclosed amount of days and the program doesn't work..

It comes up with roxio has stopped working..
and tries to search microsoft for a fix...

Now when I log into someones local network it works fine also when I connect to the internet through a wireless place we have, it works fine...

Disconnect and again roxio has stopped working.....

I have tried the patch from dell and roxio for the dla.. doesn't do anything for me.

I have read on the net that more than a handful of guys say that mediaplayer 11 has caused issues when it shuts down..

What the heck would cause it to just work when connected to the internet or a local network connection??????????

I do not have the install disc, but I did find a guy that has a 1705 dell.. Mine is a 1505.. He has a roxio install disc.... would I be able to use this to reinstall???
I have a ticket in to roxio abou tthis and a post on thier forum.. I am posting here hoping to get some help also....

2 Posts

June 17th, 2007 02:00

Guys,

I need to see a solution to this issue urgently as i am having the exact same problem on the three (3) E1505 i just bought direct from Dell. It really is ridiculous to see software pre-installed by dell having this issue.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 18th, 2007 17:00

Don,

What steps have you taken to try to correct the issue?

2 Posts

June 20th, 2007 23:00

I have read the entire threat and all the suggestions given did not resolve the issue hence i am hesistant to try any of them. I did reinstall roxio and got the same result, it just refused to work with the presence of a network connection. Apparently the porgram monitors the network ports for activity and does not work if there are none. It refuses to work also when i connect to the internet using the bluetooth and my cellular phone.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 21st, 2007 13:00

It would help if I knew what happens when you uninstall/reinstall with no internet connection, and configure your firewall to block Roxio activation before reconnecting to the internet.

1 Message

September 1st, 2007 01:00

I purchased a new Dell Inspiron Computer in July. I wondered why it did not come with anyway to burn CD's or DVD's. Today I get a letter and a Roxio disk saying Dell forgot to load it. I followed the instructions and I get the same as the above posters. It says connect to the internet. I do not have internet connection this computer. Trying to use it just locks the computer up. Trying to get help via the web says youhave to pay for help. This is ridiculous. Dell needs to SUPPORT their customers instead of giving them junk. This is my 2nd frustration with Dell and probably will not purchase Dell stuff EVER again.

36 Posts

November 7th, 2007 18:00

I think the real garbage is that Dell would have the gall to have their version of Creator display ads. I buy systems, in quantity, for business/education use. Do I want 300 users' programs simultaneously retrieving advertising from the Internet with no apparent way for me to turn it off, thereby adding overhead to my network and functioning as a distraction?

NO. Of course I don't. And yet this is something that Dell packages with business-use systems designed for being connected to a Windows domain. This is something that adware does; by extension of that definition, is Dell bundling adware with systems these days? I expect better from Dell than that.

P.S. It appears (from what I'm able to tell) that Roxio actually makes calls to Internet Explorer to display the ads; I can right click on them and have all of the options I'd get from doing the same on a hyperlink in IE.

Message Edited by dterborg on 11-07-2007 02:44 PM

1 Message

December 3rd, 2007 23:00

what i do with this is i reinstalled roxio with compatibility mode set to XP since roxio dont have a fix yet to their OEM version.

36 Posts

June 24th, 2008 16:00

I'm bumping this thread.  We've bought 600-700 Optiplex 755 units, and the bundled Roxio Creator DE 9 still has web-based ads.  This is really ridiculous, and really walks the line of adware.  Dell ought to know better with its corporate customers than to do something like this, and they have enough clout to force Roxio to provide a solution.  The last thing I want is a CD burning program continually stealing network resources just to deliver ads for upgrades we will never purchase for our users.  There has been plenty of time to solve this issue, and I'd really like to see a solution.
No Events found!