Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2009 15:00

Deleted dll file

Some how the C:\windows\system32\MAPISRVE.EXE\gapi32.dll file got delteted completely from my husbands pc. I can't get anything to run, can't even copy files. Does anyont have any idea how I can restore it without dumping the entire pc?  :emotion-7:

• 

17K Posts

February 25th, 2009 06:00

Grammy56,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

What system do you have and what is the version of Windows that is installed.

48 Posts

February 25th, 2009 07:00

have u tried doing anything with it in safe mode if you can log on to the internet with the comp in safe mode you may be able to run a search for the dll file u need if that doesnt work youll hafta dump the PC

1.1K Posts

February 25th, 2009 07:00

If you are using XP try this:

For XP click Start then RUN then type sfc /scannow (space between c and the /).

For further information read this.  In a perfect world it will check the files, replace the corrupt one and you'll be set, but it might ask  for a disk.  The attached article explains what to do if this happens.  It's lengthy but it might help with your issue.

Good luck...

VISTA try this:  Click START type CMD then right click on the CMD in the window pain and click RUN AS ADMIN.  Then type sfc /scannow, just as you would for XP and let it run to verify the files and correct any if there is a corruption.

4.6K Posts

February 25th, 2009 13:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

You can download the missing DLL file from here or here.

Copy it to a pendrive or CD/DVD, boot your husband's computer into safe mode, insert the pendrive/CD/DVD, and copy the file to the C:\Windows\System32 folder :emotion-5:

No Events found!