Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

July 19th, 2012 04:00

Dell ControlPoint Security

Hello, 

I've re-installed my Latitude E6500 notebook and instead of 32bit OS what was earlier installed, I've  installed now a 64 bit Windows 7 version.

After a lot of problems with some drivers and firmware I've got the fingerprint reader running but when I try to log in it doesn't recognize my fingerprints.

The fingerprint reader works fine on BIOS, when I slide my finger it boots up normally but when I try to log in into windows, it doesn't recognize the fingerprints.

I've tried to enroll the fingerprints again but I'm unable to log in into the ControlPoint Security manager, it doesn't recognize my fingerprints as well and I'm not able to enroll them again. Is there any way to reset the earlier fingerprints and enroll them again?   

Thanks. 

Haris

July 27th, 2012 18:00

Welcome to the Dell Community.

Hi Haris,

I am Sudipta_S from Dell Social Media and Communities Team.
In response to your query, you need to go to www.smartsource.dell.com and get your system registered. Once the system is registered, you will be guided to " MY DELL DOWNLOADS", a page where you can find all the software/applications which are meant for your system/os.

Kindly revert back for any further help.

Thanks and regards,
Dell_Sudipta_S
Dell Social Media Responder
https://twitter.com/DellCares
Dell | Facebook

No Events found!