Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2012 12:00

Dell Data safe local

Hello

I use Acronis to image regularly and have made the 2 dvd's when I first got the pc [Inspiron N5010,i5,650GB, 2.53 Ghz,win 7 home premium, MSIE 9].

Dell Datasafe takes up a lot of room and I wonder if it is necessary to keep or should I remove it now that the dvds have been made?.

Thank you

Peter

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

September 11th, 2012 06:00

Hi Peter,

Dell DataSafe Local is not required to restore your computer. You can use F8 or the DVD's at any point of time to recover your computer. If you wish to remove Dell DataSafe local from your computer, you can go ahead and remove it.

Glad to assist.

55 Posts

September 11th, 2012 12:00

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

55 Posts

September 10th, 2012 13:00

The program takes up 366 MB on my pc and I do not know if it is of use as I made the 2 recovert dvds and image regularly.

I can use F8 and the dvds to recover. If Datasafe local is necessary I will keep it otherwise I will remove it.

Thank you

Peter

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

September 10th, 2012 13:00

Hi Peter,

Dell DataSafe is a program using which you will be able to restore your computer to the original factory-installed configuration without erasing personal files and data.
Most of the systems are shipped with the basic version of Dell DataSafe Local.
Basic version has the following features:

1. Factory Recovery
  2. Emergency File and Folder Backup
  3. Create Recovery DVD

You mentioned that it is taking a lot of space on your computer? Could you please elaborate on it? Does that mean it is backing up data on your computer? Or, does it mean that just the program itself has taken space on the computer?
Also, I would like to inform you there’s another backup feature available on the computer through Microsoft called Windows Backup and Restore. If there are automatic backups created on your system which is taking up space, there is a possibility that Windows Backup and Restore is activated.

Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!