Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 16th, 2011 08:00

Dell DataSafe Local Backup support software

Cannot find thisanswer, using search, google, etc.  What is Dell DataSafe Local Backup support software.  Not the back-up DataSafe Program, but the support software program.  It is part of my Installed Applications, but if I search Computer, it does not show up and it is not part of Program Files, or part of Dell installations.  What is it and can I delete it??  What is it supposed to do and what does it really do.  Thanks.

16 Posts

April 19th, 2011 06:00

Thank you so very much for your reply.  However, I do understand the purpose and the function of the DSL.  As I mentioned, I do have the Premium version and have no problem, am satisfied.  My question is:  Along with this, installed, is a program 'Dell DSL Local Back up Software Support.  So, I have the back-up program installed and then 'Software Support' program installed, but can find nothing about the 'Software Support Program'.  Cannot find it in All Programs, Dell, or anywhere.  My query:   What is this, what does it do (if anything), and can I delete this but leave the DSL along?  Thanks...if you can answer this I will be totally satisfied...

• 

16.7K Posts

April 19th, 2011 06:00

Bijobe1,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

DataSafe Local Backup provides easy data protection for your PC. It is a safe, simple and reliable local backup and recovery solution that helps protect your PC against software and/or hard drive failures. If you do not want to use it you can delete it. 

There are 2 versions:

1. DSL Backup Basic: Available only at Point-of-Sale (POS) and needs to be factory installed. This version is free on all consumer Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems for Inspiron, Studio and XPS; excluding Dell Mini. The Dell-branded software will allow customers to burn their own recovery DVD's (or Blu-Ray discs if they have the required hardware) and on USB external devices (USB Optical Drives and USB Flash Drives). Customers have the option to preserve their data (files/folders) during the emergency recovery process.
  2. DSL Backup Premium: Upgrade available after POS only for a non-RAID system already installed with DSL Basic software. The software has all the "Basic" features with the addition of an enhanced user interface that enables scheduled backups, system image recovery points & file/folder backup options. Using DSL Back Premium, user can select a secondary storage as a target to store backups.
No Events found!