Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2009 10:00

Dell Error Message at start up

Hello,

Everytime I sign on I get the following error message on my Dell 530 Desktop with Vista, as a result, I can't use the Dell feature programs.  Should I replace the Dell software or is there a less invasive procedure?  Thanks.  Here is the message I get:

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occured in the script on this page.

Line: 30
Char: 3
Error: Error in loading DLL
Code: 0
URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Dell%20Support%
20Center/sscommon/common/inc/ss_shellinclude.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes    No

• 

17K Posts

July 13th, 2009 12:00

Antivirus,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

From internet explorer try checking the "disable script debugging" box.

Open the Tools menu, select Internet Options, and click the Advanced tab. Scroll down the list to the Browsing category and look for Disable Script Debugging. Put a check in the checkbox next to it and look immediately beneath it to find Display A Notification About Every Script Error. To disable the notification, put a check that box, too, and click Apply. The script error alert boxes shouldn't appear anymore. Be aware, though, that if a Web page loads improperly (text or graphics are shifted from where they are supposed to be or don't show up at all), a script error you can no longer see may be responsible. Performing the above steps also will disable alerts for Runtime Errors.

6 Posts

July 14th, 2009 09:00

Jesse,

Thank you for your reply in regard to my computer error message.  I did what you suggested, however, I still have the same problem.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you.

• 

17K Posts

July 14th, 2009 12:00

Antivirus.

Looking into this error. It is usually caused by the website itself. Do all websites give the same error?

1 Message

August 7th, 2009 20:00

I finally got rid of this error by going to the STARTUP tab under system configuration and unchecking the SupportSoft sprtcmd box. This kept dell support from starting on startup and I no longer see the message.

September 19th, 2009 18:00

Jesse,

Could you look at this again?  This is not a web site, but a Javascript file loaded on the machine by Dell.  It's the startup for Dell Support.  Tony Blue's answer will cause the error to go away, but it also turns off Dell Support, which I don't believe Dell would want to have happen. Correct?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Bernie

December 23rd, 2009 02:00

Hello

just bought a Dell PC and am getting the same script error reported. any progress since your last reply?

Andrew

1 Attachment

January 13th, 2010 13:00

It is very frustrating to have to dismiss a pop every time a user boots up the PC. Why has nothing been done to fix this? It's sloppy and the remedy suggested doesn't work. Can you please give it some priority! Shipping new PCs with a error-prone script is not what were led to expect from Dell.

3.4K Posts

January 13th, 2010 16:00

Hello,

Re-enable Dell support.

Restart the system and uninstall Dell support in 'Add /Remove Programs'.

If you want to try reinstalling, you can find the downloads here.

No Events found!