Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2009 01:00

Dell INDIA - Not Following DSN ID 158098

Hello everyone,

Please someone help me.Dell INDIA not responding to my request.i have been trying since 1 week and yet no success :(

I have bought a Studio 1555 last month and was shipped with 32bit OS (vista home Premium) and i have 4GB RAM and hence i want a 64Bit OS to take full advantage of 4Gb ram that i have paid for.

As per "Vista 32-bit to 64-bit upgrade....DSN ID 158098 (Updated 5-29-2009) "
http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t...
I am entitled to get a 64 Bit OS since i have a 32Bit OS.

I am contacting technical support since 1 week and still after registering 2 unresolved cases i have not even got a SINGLE reply from technical support. When i contacted over the phone after 15mins managed to speak with a technical support person..When i explained my problem to her..she did not care to listen and just insisted that i should contact customer service and she cannot do anything and hung up the call when i asked her to transfer me to Customer Service.

Later I mailed customer service, i got reply next day that i should be contacting Dell Sales and they cannot do anything about the matter.

On emailing Dell Sales i got reply saying that my  "order includes 32 bit OS and we would not be able to ship you a 64 bit OS." Further email reply are not being answered.

So what should i do now to get my 64Bit OS ??

Can i contact someone else higher regarding this matter ??If so, PLease Guide me

5 Posts

July 30th, 2009 06:00

After many days and several tries finally got a reply from Dell technical Team

" The order details include Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Premium 32 bit SP1 and hence we from care will not be able to dispatch Windows Vista Home Premium OEM 64bit.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. "

What can i do now ??

even unresolved issues section is not helping..

171 Posts

July 30th, 2009 07:00

That really surprises me, because I just got a 64bit Vista sp1 for my inspiron 1525 last week.

I didn't even go on chat, I just sent them an email stating Dells global policy on the upgrade of operating systems, gave them a part number for the Vista x64 SP1 disc, and requested that I be sent one.

I got an email the next day stating that the disc was on its way, and it arrived 2 days later.

Also, I had a major Hard Drive breakdown over the weekend. The hard drive failed and has too many bad sectors to be repaired.

I went onto Dell chat last night. I waited on que for 3 minutes. The chat sesion lasted for 14 minutes, and the new hard drive is on its way.

Seriously, I see all the knocks about Dell Service on this forum, but I have had nothing but good experiences, so far.

171 Posts

I just followed the directions in this post by Jesse L, to get my Vista 64 bit disc.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19276918.aspx

5 Posts

I am guessing you are living in US. The service there is very good.

There is no chat option here in INDIA..
Till now i have sent some 5-6 emails to technical support.
Have contacted even Customer service and even Sales as suggested in one of the reply from customer service.
This is the first reply i got from Technical support.
I have no complaints about dell products.. its just the customer service is not good..
Even after waiting 30mins after being on hold when you call you wont be attended and sometimes your call will be disconnected after 1-2 mins.

10 Posts

October 26th, 2009 03:00

i am having exactly the same issue in the uk - I cannot get a copy of the 64 bit dell vista disks as I want to change my OS from 32 bit to 64 and when I spoke to dell support (based in india) they wanted to charge me £80 !!

6 Posts

December 20th, 2010 23:00

Speak to Microsoft team they will guide u properly...:)

No Events found!