Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2017 08:00

Dell Inspiron 13 both shift keys not working

I've had this issue for a few months and it comes and goes. Basically both shift keys go almost completely dead every now and again. you might be able to force them to work but it'll only work for maybe one out of 20 or so key strokes. like i said, i've had month long periods where they work perfectly. i've used a keyboard tester software and when i press both the shift keys the software tells me that they work which makes me think its something to do software wise and its not a hardware issue. i've looked online but nothing has even come close to helping me. i've had the laptop for less than a year i think and the issue stated happening quite shortly after i got the laptop

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 25th, 2017 22:00

Thank you for your message.

Does the shift keys get stuck by any chance? Are other keys working fine?

Try to use an onscreen keyboard or an external keyboard & check if the keys work.

Have you made any changes to the keyboard layout?

If the keys work fine with the external keyboard or on screen keyboard that confirms that there could be a hardware issue.

For better assistance, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

July 11th, 2018 02:00

Hello,

Facing this issue for the past 1 month. Were you able to find a solution/

1 Message

September 14th, 2018 07:00

hey,

same problem. any of guys managed to find a solution/

No Events found!