Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 18th, 2018 04:00

Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver Problem

I've dell inspiron 15r 5537. I've to face a problem, when i set my laptop on sleep mood it hangs. I i've to shut down it with power button forcefully.

This problem arise when i Installed AMD driver.

radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.1-win8.1-64bit-july17

HD Graphics Driver 10.18.14.4889 for Windows 7/Windows 8.1 64-bit

Need Help.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

October 2nd, 2023 16:36

For starters I’m using Windows 10 64-bit.

The issue is due to win installing the latest drivers from amd which are not compatible with laptop gpu. This should resolve the issue.

I suggest installing the drivers from your Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) website.

If your screen freezes again, try force shutting down your laptop 2-3 times. During the start-up repair, select ‘Safe Mode with Networking’. This will disable your external GPU driver. Once in safe mode, you can clean uninstall your AMD GPU driver using DDU or the AMD cleanup utility. Then, reinstall the driver that was working for you initially.

Remember to immediately hide the AMD driver that Windows 10 will attempt to install after you boot into normal mode. You can do this using the wushowhide app.

If the OEM driver fails to detect the GPU, first try scanning for hardware changes in Device manager, then try installing the .exe from the C drive or install any screen-freezing driver that can detect it. Then, override install the OEM version in safe mode.

For my Dell laptop, the recommended OEM driver is Version 15.201.1101, released in 2015.
This older driver might work for you.

If you absolutely need the latest driver, I found that after multiple force reboots and installing/reinstalling different drivers, driver version 18 worked best for me. The latest 18 driver that’s working for me is the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3-Dec19.

Please let me know if this driver works for you as well.

(edited)

No Events found!