Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 12th, 2011 15:00

Dell PC Checkup

I cannot download Dell PC Checkup on my Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 7 Operating system. I saw one posting that said Dell PC Checkup 2 was nolonger supported.  Does that apply to all versions of Dell PC Checkup?  I have gone to the download web site for Dell PC Checkup and tried to download Dell Support Center with PC Checkup repeatedly, but just got aulauncher.exe which checks for updates only.  I will appreciate any explanation for the problem. Thanks, Aslan.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 12th, 2011 17:00

PNeely,

First try...

Uninstall Dell Support Center

Rick

8 Posts

June 12th, 2011 18:00

It worked!! Thanks, PNeely

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 12th, 2011 18:00

PNeely,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2011 14:00

PNeely,

Look at the instructions and do everything that is states to do. I recently had to reinstall Dell Support Center aqnd I followed the instructions and the installation went smoothly.

Uninstall Dell Support Center (recently updated to reflect new findings.

Rick

8 Posts

July 3rd, 2011 14:00

After I uninstalled Dell PC Checkup and re-installed it, I had Dell PC Checkup on my laptop.  If I clicked on the Start button, then clicked on All Program, I could find my Dell PC Checkup under Dell Support Center.  However, it keeps disappearing from Dell Suport Center under All Programs.  Dell Support Center, under All Programs, is empty.  I can uninstall and reinstall Dell PC Checkup and it will be under Dell Support Center while I am on the computer that session but when I look for it again, Dell Support Center is empty again.  I can access and use Dell PC Checkup by clicking on Start, Computer, going to C:\Programs\Dell Support Center,  finding the application in that file and clicking on it there. I hate to have to do that each time I want to use the program. I right clicked on the application one time to send it to my desk top and created a short cut.  That short cut was eliminated later when I ran PC Checkup because it said it was a broken short cut.  Do you know how I can ge Dell PC Checkup in the Dell Support Center file, under All Programs and have it stay there? Thanks, PNeely

No Events found!