Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2011 07:00

Dell Support Centre - I've tried EVERYTHING!

Hello - I am getting the same message as posted by many folks here on the forums :

"Error getting cert filename (property: Custom Action Data) from MSI"

I have tracked and tried ALL of the suggestions but STILL am getting the same error.  I am considering reimaginging my machine now.

I am on a Dell Netbook with Windows XP OS. 

Any further suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 22nd, 2011 10:00

This is to do with the Dell Support Centre program or something else in general?

14 Posts

August 22nd, 2011 11:00

This is to do with the Dell Support Centre.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 22nd, 2011 11:00

Uninstall Dell Support Centre.

Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs>Dell Support Centre

Remove it and reboot. Then go to C:\Program Files and delete the Dell Support Centre folder.

Next reinstall Dell Support Centre from here. Does it work now without any problems?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2011 12:00

scottli,

Dell Support Center 2.0 is No Longer Supported try the instructions at...

Uninstall Dell Support Center The new version is there to download, also.

Rick

14 Posts

Hi natakuc4

As I mentioned - I have tried everything.  I don't even have the Dell Support Centre in my Control Panel list of programs. I had already used the link you posted to download the program.  I have rerun the install and BAM... same error.  As mentioned, I have deleted/reinstalled... I have deleted temp files... I have done it all. I am looking for any new suggestions.

14 Posts

@ natakuc4 - thanks, I will try that.

@ PudgyOne - as I mentioned to nat, I don't have DSC 2.0 in my applications list in my control panel or anywhere else, to uninstall.  Have attempted all solutions (many of which were posted by you :emotion-1: ) and the problem persists. That's why I'm posting the issue myself - to see if there are any other suggestions.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

scottli,

Did you...

Go to Temp Folder (C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Temp\), delete everything in this folder.

Go to 'C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming' delete the 'PCDR' folder.

Then restart the computer?

The try downloading the installing the new version?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

Please install the 30 day trial of Revo Uninstaller. See if there is anything about the Dell Support Centre in Uninstaller and run the junk file cleaner.

14 Posts

August 22nd, 2011 13:00

Hey Pudgyone (don't like call you that) - YES, I tried everything. I couldn't find a Roaming folder. Might is be called something else in XP?  Having said that, I read some posts pertaining to PC Doctor, searched and removed those. I even removed the task for PC Doctor.  OY!

904 Posts

August 22nd, 2011 14:00

Hi scotti,

Try installing the setup directly. This setup is applicable for 32Bit version of windows only.

Download here

14 Posts

August 27th, 2011 15:00

:( Had to reimage.

No Events found!