Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2011 23:00

Dell Vostro 1720 Bios Recovery

I have a question regarding my Dell Vostro 1720.  I had a BIOS flash go bad and now my laptop is essentially a brick.  The computer will turn on but nothing happens aside from my scroll lock and caps lock staying on while my numlock blinks.  Is there a way to reflash my BIOS via a USB stick?  I searched the web and tried a few things that was suggested for other models of Dell laptops but I cannot seem to get anything to work.  Is there any type of BIOS recovery?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2011 06:00

Unfortunately, with a Dell, there is no recovery procedure.  A corrupted BIOS and the ONLY recourse is to replace the motherboard.  Sorry.

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2011 09:00

Thanks for the quick response fireberd but I was searching the web and it seems like several people found ways to recover their Dell laptop BIOS using Crisis Recovery and doing some key combo with "END" and plugging in the AC adapter.  I tried it with those recovery tools but it didnt seem to work.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2011 10:00

From posts that I've seen on here, and I've been active on this forum since 2002 (I have over 36K posts), the motherboard replacment is the only option.

No Events found!