Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2012 12:00

Dell boots to black error screen message

Hello

Can someone drect me to where I might be able to locate steps on how to fix the following issue I have on my Dell Desktop when I go to start my desktop?

When I turn on my Dell Desktop it automatically loads to a Black screen that states" PLEASE REINSTALL WINDOWS 32 SYSTEM" but I can not get a command prompt to enter (type ) anything to get the screen to do anything.

My goal is to upgrade from XP to Windows 7 (with the CD that I just bought) Please can any one help me.

Thank You

October 2nd, 2012 12:00

Hi,

As mentioned by you that you want to upgrade the system from Windows XP to Windows 7, I would suggest you to first check if your present hardware configuration meets the minimum requirements for the upgrade.

System requirements for Windows 7:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit or 64-bit processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • DirectX 9 graphics device.

You can also refer to the link :http://dell.to/O332zQ

If the system doesn’t fulfills the above requirements, the error message i.e. “PLEASE REINSTALL WINDOWS 32 SYSTEM’ can be resolved by performing system restore if the issue started 2 or 3 days back.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2012 16:00

Hello Priyanka,

Thank You for your reply. But my issue is that as soon as I turn on my computer it boots straight to a Black Screen that states : windows 32 is missing reinstall. Priyanka at this screen  can not do anything. I have tried to enter a command but I dont even get a blinking line to enter a command.

Do you have any idea what I can do (outside of throwing the Dell 8400 out the window) Any help will do.

Thank you

OkiSatin

October 8th, 2012 11:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.I recommend you to repair windows by following the steps below:

1.     Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD.
2.     When the message- Press any key to boot from the CD... appears, press a key to continue booting to the CD.
3.     At the first R=Repair option, press the R key
4.     Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair.
Typically this will be #1
5.     Enter in the administrator password when requested
6.     cd \windows\system32\config
7.     Depending on which section was corrupted:
ren software software.bad or ren system system.bad
8.     Depending on which section was corrupted
copy \windows\repair\system
copy \windows\repair\software
9.     Take out the CD ROM and type exit.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 18th, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.              

No Events found!