speedstep
6 Thallium

RE: Dell direct USB recovery key Win7 Home Premium 64bit

Again Refirbished Older dells would have MAR copies of windows not OEM copies. That obfuscation in no way makes a Dell sold in the last few weeks have windows 7 home.  The complaints are about usb flash recovery media that is not working and or is for models that never had any such media.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

sfmike64
1 Copper

You're not being helpful. And your level of snark and bitchiness is completely uncalled for. 

People are asking for help. If you can't provide it why chime in with nasty comments? It's highly rude.

rdunnill
5 Rhenium

Newegg is still selling (OEM) Windows 7, the successor to XP, and in fact offered the Home Premium version for $70 last month.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

Since you have been in contact with Dell Technical support, tell them the USB is not working and ask them whether its possible to get a Windows 7 Reinstallation DVD instead.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mguarino13,

Thanks for your post.  I apologize that the usb key was not working properly for you.  I have a couple of possible solutions.  If you would contact the agent or department that sent the usb key and request another one, or if you will send me your service tag number in a Private Message, I'll see how I can assist further.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
LizzieBennet
1 Copper

I received the same message. When one googles the error message, it comes up quite frequently. This not a new problem. What is the problem and what is the solution?

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

1.  Your warranty is over.  Win7 from 2009 or 2010.  3 years past that is 2013.  Its 2015 soon to be 2016 3 years past that point.

2. This is USA only forum.

3.  The forum is not dell windows 7 usb key support.You did not say what country you are in or what dell model or what OS version.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
LizzieBennet
1 Copper

And, I should add the following: (1) I have an OptiPlex 3010, (2) It is still under warranty, (3) I have received TWO of such USB sticks and they BOTH have the same infirmities and bizarre grammatical errors, (4) they do not appear to be bootable USB sticks; they appear to have an WIM file.

0 Kudos
LizzieBennet
1 Copper

I need to clarify: I have an Optiplex 3010, with Windows 7, Ultimate 64. The first USB flash, received c. 07/02/15 produced the same error message with bizarre misspellings. The flash drive contents are two files, one of which contains a WIM file, but does not appear to be a bootable USB. 

Dell has just sent another USB flash. Again, it does not work and again it does not appear to be bootable, again has the same contents, and, again, produces the same bizarre error message with bizarre misspelling.

I am going to be trying it on a new hard drive tomorrow, but I can't think of any reason why a non-bootable disk will work any better on a different hard drive. 

0 Kudos
LizzieBennet
1 Copper

And, I am still under warranty.

0 Kudos