Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2013 11:00

Downloading Win 7 64 bit 3rd party licensed software factory installed on my system

Gentlemen,

I've been trying to download a copy of the 3rd party licensed software (Win 7, 64 bit) which was factory installed on my Dell system, but have been unable to do so.

I've registered the laptop and have been unable to proceed from that point.

Please help.

Thanks.

1.8K Posts

Hi JohnPender,

Are you trying to download the application that was purchased at time of system purchase? If yes, please share the name of the application that you are trying to download such as MS Office, Acrobat etc. 

Please reply with information. 

3 Posts

Hi Chinmay S,

Thanks for reply. I was trying to obtain a copy of Windows 7 (64 bit) OS in case I need to reformat HD.

JohnPender

1.8K Posts

February 12th, 2013 12:00

Hi JohnPender,

Dell computers are shipped with a Factory image. In case there is an issue with Operating System, one can restore the computer to default factory settings. However, this step will lead to data (pictures, documents, programs, music) loss. Please perform a data backup prior to this step. Please disconnect any external peripherals (printer, scanner or any USB device) as well. For more information on this, you may refer to link: http://dell.to/Wj1rZe

If you are able to boot your computer to Windows, you may also try creating the recovery media from Dell data safe local. For more information on this, you may refer to link: http://dell.to/RgKnOi 

Please reply for further clarifications. 

3 Posts

February 13th, 2013 09:00

Chinmay S.,

Thanks for your help.

I've just finished creating three Dell system recovery DVD's. Hope I never need to use them.

JohnPender

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 13th, 2013 11:00

You can also use Win 7 File Recovery utility Backup and Restore to make a System Image to store on an external hard drive. A system image is too large for dvd's. That will contain the Recovery Partition and everything on the hard drive in case the hard drive on the computer fails and you cannot access the Recovery partition. Type Backup in the Start box to find it.

July 15th, 2014 03:00

Hi Chinmay S,

I've been trying to download a copy of the 3rd party licensed software from dell web site, (Win 8, 64 bit) which was factory installed on my Dell system, but have been unable to do so.

I was trying to obtain a copy of Windows 8 (64 bit) OS , becoz my os has corrupted, and i did not have restore partition, my restore disc is not working.my warranty period has overed 3 days ago.   

please tell me the step by step procedure to download 3rd party licensed software windows 8 from dell web site. 

No Events found!