Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 6th, 2013 05:00

Drivers download problem

I have been having the same problem for the last couple weeks.  I have tried using IE and FireFox both with the same results.  I have uninstalled the Download Manager.  I don't know why Bay Wolf's answer was marked as the answer when it really isn't.  

I am not signed into my Dell account either and I have deleted all temp files and cookies.

Post split from original thread here by natakuc4 which has been locked due to age.

35 Posts

March 12th, 2013 09:00

Can't anyone at Dell fix this issue?

29 Posts

March 12th, 2013 10:00

....Ha ha!...I find funny your post....and you are right..

...I'm sometimes a complainer too...

..but we must not forget that anyone who gives an answer to us..

..is just doing so from his good will...

..because it could be also a question completely unanswered!...

...Am I wrong?...

(that Dell must "fix"...."their services"....is another story...

...also sometimes the reason for a "problem"...is just our "limited knowledges"...)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 12th, 2013 11:00

Try reading...

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager Then download the drivers in your browser. Dell's website works best with Internet Explorer. If using Mozilla Firefox, try using IE Tab V2 (Enhanced IE Tab) to download the drivers.

Rick

33 Posts

March 12th, 2013 12:00

33 Posts

March 12th, 2013 12:00

29 Posts

March 12th, 2013 15:00

lan Pugh ...I could say many funny stories too...

..and the most..is that I got before a year an unstable system xps

..with few..problems...

..Before I had an Acer (half price!)..and now I know what it means to

have a stable computer...when I compare...(acer had other kind of problems..like overheating..)

So is not that I excuse Dell...is just that there are a few millionaires at the top of the company...

...and there are many tech guys..trying to solve our problems...

..I don't know deeply about points...and careers...

I just know that is stupid if we blame the 1000$ workers....for the "clever mistakes"

...others are doing...

...and last -Sometimes (not always), there are some posts about problems that comes

from wrong settings...There are so stupid people around..that when they find a file they

don't understand for what it is they delete it!!...

...So have a little patience...How is possible a tech guy to investigate a "problem"

..just from some sentences...without to know what in hell the owner has done in his system!

..Again to say I don't excuse DEll for cheap materials..devices...etc

and I don't want to fill the room here with my experiences....drives me "mad"..

...one thing for sure...I wouldn't like to have to solve all that problems...

...(Sorry for my "poor english")

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

March 13th, 2013 02:00

I have split this thread into 2; the original thread had a verified solution by Ian Pugh and it worked at the time (start of 2012) for 3 people in the thread. Rick has locked the thread due to it veering off topic and essentially being new replies to an old topic. I unmarked the verified solution by Bay Wolf which was under debate although his solution did work in a large number of cases during that time period.

Regarding Drivers and Downloads issues the issues of late are different to the ones at the end of 2012 as Drivers and Downloads has been "upgraded" significantly. Personally I have seen it just getting buggier over the last year and recommend circumventing it completely by going to the Dell FTP Website instead. This avoids much of the scripting errors Drivers and Downloads suffers as it just lists the direct links. There are still issues with it on an odd occasion.

Regarding Community Rockstars; we are all volunteers and dedicate our time to the forums when we can, some of us have moderation privileges. The Start of 2012 was when we granted them so there may have been some minor teething problems such as the thread you flagged up. Often when a problem is solved the user will say thanks or won't reply without verifying the answer so a moderator has to manually verify it. In this case it seemed to be this way until there was a reply back saying the solution did not work. If memory serves correct at that time we didn't have the capability to unmark verified solutions at that time and this was brought about in an update of the forum.

No Events found!