Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2010 14:00

Error on device ID 51

I am on an i7 windows7 64 bit ultimate computer  with 6 GB  ram memory
I connected (IEEE 1394 slot) an external drive 1TB for backing up. During the backup the system froze
Found in the log: error on device, ID51 Device\hard disk\ DR1 during paging (DR1 is the external HD)
Drivers are up to date, as far I could check. Ran sfc/scannow, no problems. Without the external drive I get no errors at all. But I need the external to back up.
Every time I connect the external drive the system freezes somewhere in the process.

Any idea what causes this error and how to prevent it.

58 Posts

February 15th, 2010 01:00

Just ran a simple test with the external harddisk on a XP pro computer and on the W7 computer. Copied 1 GB . On the XP pro computer no problem at all. On the W7 computer halfway 1800 times the warning "found error on device (external disk)  ID51 during paging" The brand new W7 computer locks..

Running out of options....any suggestions, please?

58 Posts

February 16th, 2010 02:00

Analyzing the info I found in the Windows7 forum  it had to be the IEEE 1394 driver. Hardware OK, memory test OK, motherboard OK, yes it had to be the driver.  But I couldn’t find a more actual driver than I had on the system.  Went into device manager and every time the system said that I had the best one installed.  When I looked manually for the driver (same path) I found a new one and an old one. Re-installed the older version and the IEEE1394  including the external  drive  are doing fine.

In fact simple but you don’t think of going back  to an older version. Problem solved.:emotion-7:

No Events found!