Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2014 22:00

Factory Image Recovery problem.

Hi. So i was having some problems with a used Dell Inspiron R15 5520 Win 7 laptop. I did a Factory Image Recovery by going to the boot menu (f8 on boot up) and went to repair computer, went through the process as directed and had a successful recovery. When i restarted the computer it went through all the loading screens it was supposed to and gets to where it says "Setup is preparing computer for first time use.....Setup is checking video performance" then it goes to the user log in screen with a blank profile picture and ask for a username and password. I put in Administrator assuming its the same process as the repair computer paradigm and then it says "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator.". Anything else i try it just says "The user name or password is incorrect". I've tried doing another Factory restore and same results every time. What do i do?!? Any help on the matter would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 20th, 2014 02:00

Hi Peleliusion,

The factory restore option seems to be corrupt. You may have to manually restore the operating system. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check and ship the Operating system disc to you as one time exception. To send a private message, click on my name and select send a private message.

January 20th, 2014 10:00

Thank you! The info you requested has been sent. I'll be looking forward to the email!

No Events found!