Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 4th, 2004 14:00

Fujifilm Finepix 2400

I am attempting to install my digital camera, FujiFilm Finepix 2400 Zoom to my Inspiron 5100 powered by Windows XP.  According to all of the online documentation I have read, Windows XP should already have the necessary drivers to recognize this device.

When running the install wizard, it cannot locate the approporiate device drivers.  I went to Fuji's website and downloaded Windows XP USB drivers and still had no luck.  When calling Fuji, I got the typical tech support response that my driver files were uninstalled and that I needed a full system reboot.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that are more enticing than reinstalling the entire OS?

4 Posts

May 4th, 2004 17:00

What kind of a device is this camera?

Some cameras appear as a removable drive under My Computer when plugged into a USB port.

This is much easier than installing a device in the traditional way.

Did your camera come with a CD of driver files? If so Windows might be looking for an .INF file to help it with installation. Sometimes it helps to rummage through the CD with Windows Explorer so as to direct Windows to the correct folder, especially if there are versions for lots of different (human) languages buried in a complicated hierarchy of folders.

I can't see how re-installing the operating system should be needed, provided your computer is working normally otherwise. This doesn't sound like a very good idea to me...

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 4th, 2004 17:00

Try connecting the camera while you are on line.  Sometimes, if Windows XP doesn't have a driver it will access the Microsoft database and download what it needs. 

The drivers on the installation CD are most likely for older OS's such as Win98/Me (those OS's require drivers).

12K Posts

May 4th, 2004 18:00

I have a Fuji FinePix cmaera and I think it is the same model.  XP was able to recognize the camera as a removable storage deivce with no problem.  One of my 2K machines insisted on the correct drivers from Fuji which worked without a hitch.

In short, XP should work just fine, but the drivers from Fuji will work also.

No Events found!