Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

July 3rd, 2005 16:00

HELP PLEASE!! MusicMatch Jukebox problem!

I keep getting an error message and cant open my Musicmatch program. First, it was a "cannot find px.dll"message, then after trying to troubleshoot, I uninstalled the version I had, 9, and installed version 10, thinking this would fix it.  But I still get an error message that reads "ordinal number 1191 not found in px.dll" I even downloaded a replacement px.dll file from a recommended website, but I still get this message and I still cant open Musicmatch. I'm very frustrated because I paid for this newest version and I want to use it!
Please any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you , thank you!

xenawonderwoman

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2005 19:00

I did a search for that using google and came up with many references to that. 

Unfortunately you didn't include your PC Model Number and OS (should be on any initial problem report - it can make a difference for someone to assist you).

The px.dll is also associated with Sonic Record Now, WinAmp and several others. 

If you have a Dell that came with Sonic Record Now, suggest your (1) uninstall MMJB (2) restart Windows (3) Reinstall Sonic Record Now (4) Restart Winodows (5) Reinstall MMJB.  See if that helps.  If you have WinAmp and or iTunes installed, also uninstall them and reinstall them one at a time, restarting Windows between each install.  Any program that has CD or DVD burning capabilities could be a potential cause of the problem.

July 3rd, 2005 19:00

Thank you for your reply. I have a DELL Inspiron 1100 laptop, with Windows XP. I will try your suggestions. Thank again!

xenawonderwoman

July 4th, 2005 00:00

Just a follow up to this request. I finally got my MJ to work! Yay! I just uninstalled all components of MJ on my hard drive, I made sure to get EVERY folder! Then I reinstalled version 10 from the website and with my next reboot, it worked! Not only that, but I didnt lose ANY previously saved music files that I had on my older version of MJ.

I dont know if this had anything to do with it, but I also uninstalled the program for Dell DJ Explorer. It came on my install disk along with my Dell Pocket DJ. I've never used it but always thought it was important to use with my device, turns out it's not! I restarted again, and MJ still works fine. I quickly transferred some songs of a CD to make sure nad all is well!

Thanks again for your suggestions, hope some of my solutions can help someone else out there!

xenawonderwoman

No Events found!