Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 4th, 2006 09:00

Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500 MCE - tuner not found

Hello,

My TV card Hauppauge Wintv PVR-500 MCE is not recognized (tuner not found) by media center in window XP (all updates made) even with the last drivers ( mce_cd_v31b or pvr150-20-35-23348). I allready tried the Microsoft proposition (http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=910905), and tried to change the PCI slot without succes. When I install WinTV 2000 (wintv2k_47_23045.exe et wintv2k_fra_4.6_22266.exe) to see if the tuner works outside from media center, I get a missing file (hcwTVWnd.dll) by starting the program. The card is listed (with the 2 tuners), working and without conflict in my peripherics.

Has anyone a solution ? Thanks.

PC : Dell dimension 9150 Pentium D dual core 2.8 Ghz, 1Gb RAM, carte graphique Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX, carte son Soundblaster creative SB X-fi.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 8th, 2006 18:00

Try Hauppauge's site for help. According to them, you might have a driver mismatch. (XP is based on the NT format.) You need to install several other files & apps when you update the drivers. Hauppauge doesn't explain this very well and I had to go back several times to get the beta updates for my tuner card and Win 2000 tv. The updated files will be on the same page as the drivers. Error: Win/TV Initialization error, a required component (Hcwtvwnd.dll) is missing: Fix: that error indicates a mismatch in the driver files. The latest wintv driver and application for nt must be installed.
No Events found!