Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2007 00:00

Havin Problems with Inspiron 1501 and Windows Vista

I bought my Dell Inspiron 1501 a little over a month ago now and ever since I set my laptop up I've been experiencing problems with my Task bar on the bottom right freezing up and glitching. Also with my touch pad randomly clicking on icon itself and windows closing when I am trying to use them. I've been irradiated with this and usually there is an simple step of just clicking the bottom right corner and soon a windows explore restarting notification pops up and the problem is fixed within seconds. But it has reached the boiling point and as a Dell customer I expect good quality from their products an this as lead to many purchases of Dell products and recommendations to friends and family. I was just hoping that there is someone out there that can help me with an solution to this problem It will be greatly appreciated. Also you can contact me at Brandonsparkes12@hotmail.com for further explanation into my problem.

83 Posts

October 8th, 2007 13:00

I also have a 1501 with Vista Home Premium.

I had the mysterious stuff going on with the touch pad as well. I fixed it by dramatically reducing the touch pad sensitivity in the control panel. The problem no longer occurs.

Personally, my copy of Vista will also freeze up and stall for no apparent reason. A few times a week I have to do a "brain death" on it to reboot (pull AC power then pull battery). Vista is just like that.

I really don't believe that Dell can fix the Vista freeze up and slow operation problems. Microsoft itself will take quite a while to get Vista fixed and working right. Until then, we just have to make do.

278 Posts

October 8th, 2007 20:00

Regarding the touch pad. Right click the icon Synaptics Pointing Device. Uncheck Tap to click.
No Events found!