Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 4th, 2010 12:00

How to find Microsoft Office Product Key for Inspiron Mini 1012

We have received our new Inspiron Mini 1012 today and need the product key to operate Microsoft office 2007.   This was pre-installed on the system & there is no disc for it but we cannot find the 25-digit code?  Where is this likely to be located?  Any advice appreciated.

The only discs we received with the system are Microsoft works 9 and Windows 7 starter reinstallation disc. 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 4th, 2010 12:00

That is just a starter version of Office (or a trial version) and most likely it's for Office 2010. Starter Office is a very limited version that will encourage you to buy the expensive full version. No product activation code is necessary. You can uninstall it if you don't want to try out the few features of Word and Excel it has or if you don't intend to buy the full version. More info HERE.

2 Posts

August 4th, 2010 13:00

Thank you for your help

October 22nd, 2010 17:00

That is just a starter version of Office (or a trial version) and most likely it's for Office 2010. Starter Office is a very limited version that will encourage you to buy the expensive full version. No product activation code is necessary. You can uninstall it if you don't want to try out the few features of Word and Excel it has or if you don't intend to buy the full version. More info HERE.

It's helpful to me, Thanks for your analysis!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 23rd, 2010 10:00

You're welcome. Let me add that Starter Edition can be very useful, so do try it. I wish I had before I uninstalled it mistaking it for the trial edition. It's fine for basic tasks that the home users can use. No bells or whistles and some minor advertising, but home users never use most of the features anyway..

No Events found!