Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 10th, 2013 08:00

How to recover my data

I bought a Vostro 3560 laptop 2 months ago. It used to be installed Windows 7 with HDD in AHCI mode.

Today I try to install Windows 7 (64 bit) and with HDD changed to RST mode. When installing OS, it asks for HDD driver. I have downloaded the 2 SATA drivers from DELL support website. If I choose the 64 bit one, Windows 7 refuse to use it. So I tried the 32 bit one and it seems OK and Windows 7 is installed.

But after log on Windows 7, it is surprising that all my data on another drives (not the System drive, but on the same disk) has changed to some strange data!

I doubt it is due to the 32 bit SATA driver. Because it contains import company data, I reboot the system, changed HDD mode back to AHCI and reinstalled Windows 7 (64 bit). In this mode, the SATA driver is not required and Windows 7 installed successfully.

This time before logging in Windows 7, it prompts me to check my data drive, I agree and after around 1 minute during the checking, Windows 7 begin to remove some record! I wait for about 20 seconds and then reboot the computer before it completes.

This time I skip the disk checking step and login directly Windows 7. Unfortunately this time Windows 7 seems lost all my data...

I am keeping the computer running and use Windows Data Recovery to recover some data. It is busy running, seems with most file names ok but most of the contents are messy. I take care to save the recovered data to another mobile disk, with no change to my original disk.

What can I do further? Thanks in advance for all your help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 10th, 2013 12:00

James ZHAO,

Download and install Recuva

Do a deep scan. It should find most of the files and folders you're looking for. Programs and software will need to be installed manually.

Rick

2 Posts

March 11th, 2013 00:00

Hello Rick,

I have managed to find most data. Thanks a lot for your response.

James

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 11th, 2013 00:00

James,

Glad you were able to recover most of your data. :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 13th, 2013 03:00

If you have data loss issues in your computer Hard Disk and want to get rid of from this problem, then I want to suggest you a perfect Windows Data Recovery Tool named as Recover Data for Windows Data Recovery Software. With this effective and proficient application you can recover all data from Hard Disk without any errors. This software supports all Windows OS along with Windows 8. You can get more detail from her http://www.bing.com/blogs/webmaster/f/13235/t/685147.aspx

2 Posts

July 24th, 2023 02:00

Thanks for sharing informational queries. I also lost very important files, But now recovered. Thanks again.

6 Posts

July 24th, 2023 10:00

Losing data on your Dell computer can be distressing, but with the right steps, you can often retrieve it successfully. Follow this concise guide to recover your valuable data quickly and efficiently.

1. Stop Using the Computer: As soon as you notice data loss, stop using the Dell computer to prevent further damage or overwriting of files.

2. Check the Recycle Bin: If you accidentally deleted files, check the Recycle Bin first. Restore them with a simple right-click.

3. Use Dell's Backup and Recovery Software: If your Dell computer has Backup and Recovery software, restore your data from previously created backups.

4. Try Data Recovery Software: Use reliable data recovery software like Recuva or EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to scan and recover lost files.

5. Consider Professional Services: For hardware failures or complex issues, consult professional data recovery services for a higher chance of success.

No Events found!