Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2004 12:00

How to remove duplicate email messages?

I have many duplicate email messages in OE and deleting them manually is time consuming. Does anyone know of a method or application that will do this more efficiently?
Thanks.

96 Posts

November 12th, 2004 14:00

The best thing to do is to hold down the CTRL key and select one by one the duplicated mails and then delete them...

there is no software that you can buy or get to delete the duplicated mails.

regards totis.

96 Posts

November 12th, 2004 15:00

can you give me a list of them to check them.... 

2 Intern

• 

587 Posts

November 12th, 2004 15:00

The procedure you describe is what I've been doing, but there are 100's of messages.

Yes, there are many applications that delete duplicates, I just wanted to know which one is good, because I was not satisfied with the results of some of them. 

96 Posts

November 12th, 2004 17:00

ok i tried the last one and it looks pretty easy to use.

I think you can go ahead and use that one...   doesn't look complicated...

well at least that's my opinion....

3 Posts

November 12th, 2004 20:00

Heyl How bout this? its a bit faster. 

I go to the bottom of the inbox (or whicheverbox!) and afix your 'highligh' (curser/mouse) to the last message you wish to delete. Then hold down the delete button.

If there are messages you are keeping in between these *thousands* then youll need to

incorporate the mouse/curser to jump you forward to skip that message.

Highlighting can be problematic  -- too many copied messages! OE is programmed in some editions to COPY what you click on in your inbox. I forget exactly how the click thing goes.

but try that....

September 14th, 2020 06:00

If you are facing any kind of problem of duplicate items in MS Outlook, then you can use manual techniques for removing duplicate emails in PST file. I have also used manual technique and I was really satisfied.

No Events found!