Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2015 13:00

I am looking for the iso file of Windows 7 Home Premium OEM version

Hello everybody! I need your help. I wanna reinstall windows7 home premium but I can't find where I can download the iso file to burn it on a disc. Can you tell me what I can do? Also, I asked to a microsoft technician but he told me that they can't help me because my license is OEM and he told me that I had to contact with DELL to get the iso file for my laptop. I'm using a DELL N5010. Please, help me because I wanna get Windows 10.

9 Posts

July 1st, 2015 00:00

Hi Marin

Windows has stopped providing the iso image to the general public for some reason best know to them. but i guess this conversation will help you since you you already have the license

answers.microsoft.com/.../0d87a122-ce10-4e28-aa93-56efda24ed9f

Please let me if that work for you

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

July 1st, 2015 04:00

Hi Marin_josue,

I will be glad to help you. Please explain the issues with the computer (if any) and send me the system service tag along with customer name, place of purchase, address and phone number via private message. Then I can check and see what can be done.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

1 Message

August 4th, 2015 19:00

I have a Dell laptop that was running Windows 7 Home Premium and foolishly, I went to upgrade to Windows 10.  The upgrade was not proceeding.  I had a blank screen with nothing but a mouse pointer for six hours!  After exploring  the web, I took a chance to shut down and do an install recovery with the hope that I'd get it to continue on.  First time, it recovered with the install and then went right back to the black screen and mouse pointer.  After another hour, I shut down again and this time, the install failed.  I was sent to some screen for advance recovery options and nothing worked.  Even my DVD didn't seem to have a driver and my recovery disks couldn't be used.  Now I'm trying get an ISO of Windows Home Premium to reinstall, but Microsoft is saying this was a product installed by an OEM and I have to contact Dell for recovery media.  I just want to get back to Windows 7 and I'm done with Windows 10.  I went and bought a new laptop with it pre-installed and I hate it.  $900 down the tube.  Please help me get my old tried and true laptop up and running...

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 5th, 2015 00:00

That's Microsoft's flawed deployment for Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10...

Try the Upgrade from a Clean Install of 10130:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/a-clean-install-of-windows-10/windows-xpvista-%e2%86%92-windows-10-free-upgrade/

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

August 5th, 2015 08:00

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 16:00

I have the ISO file of windows 7 home premium, so if you want it, send me your email and I will send you the link to donwload it. it's a torrent so you will have to use utorrent.

September 28th, 2015 14:00

HI,

I am in the same trouble.Need to instal a fresh copy of windows 7 home premium,on my old laptop.My laptop dell inspiron N 5054 was stored on the garage shelf becouse HDD died.I did got new hard disk but I dont have recovery media.Please send me a download link at <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

thank you in advance

regards Daniel

1 Message

October 12th, 2015 17:00

I have the same problem here, after i upgraded to windows 10 i cannot use dell datasafe local backup for recovery, somehow it could not find the recovery disk. could you send the link to <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>. thanks before, your help is very much appreciated.

February 17th, 2016 02:00

Hi Marin_josue. I am finding a similar problem with the reinstallation Could be please give me the link for the iso image. I have sent you a friend request

thanks

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

February 18th, 2016 00:00

2 Posts

June 12th, 2016 18:00

Many people don't want Windows 10. Why can't they have what they leagally paid for?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 14th, 2016 04:00

It seems there is a way to Download Windows 7 from Microsoft's Techbench but it requires a repair script on their Techbench website as they deliberately broke the Digital Distribution for Windows 7:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-7-8-1-and-10-direct-techbench-downloads/

No Events found!