Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SW

December 30th, 2012 11:00

I need a backup partition image of of the recovery partition on the Dell Studio 1737

I have a question:

Do anybody that own the Dell Studio 1737 still have the recovery partition on the Dell Studio 1737 laptop hard drive?

I really need help because Dell's Customer Care is no good, To Make a long story short, I called dell about a wifi card issue then did a reinstall of the Vista 32bit OS and deleted my recovery partition and they told me that i didn't need it because there was no software that can be installed to read the factory image on the partition so they deleted it. The next day I go to dell support site for updated drivers and I see a link called Dell Download Center and I find the recovery software to reinstall the Dell studio 1737 back the way the company sold it.

I was wondering since Dell Tech Support deleted my recovery parttion off my drive they can copy the Partition back on but no they can't put it back after it has been deleted;

So I was searching for anybody that may still have the partition on there Studio 1737 laptop. I need a backup image of anybodies hard drive with the recovery partition on it. I find the recovery program to restore the factory image that is on the partition. I need your help!!!

This is the link to the recovery software - -> support.dell.com/.../ddc

Click on Dell Backup and Recovery Manager and download the software, I hope this will help you.

Sincerly, StevOWavO of Quick Solutions Computer Repairs

https://www.facebook.com/#!/QuickSolutionsCR

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 30th, 2012 11:00

December 30th, 2012 12:00

I got the Restore CD's and they do not make the partition. (I was wishing for that)

There is only three CD's, The Vista 32bit OS CD, Driver and Utilities CD and the Application CD.

I have install the Vista 32bit OS CD on bootup and there is no option for recovery of factory installation.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Steven Wilson Jr,

You create the Recovery partition using the operating system disk.

If in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA if in another Country, contact Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Steven Wilson Jr,

Using the Vista operating system disk, follow the instructions How to restore Dell factory image when PC restore does not work?

Rick

@RockSt☆r-Rick K - Thank you for the link that information is very useful  but my problem is that I need the Recovery partition on the drive again to do the procedure that your telling me about.

That's my issue.

No Events found!