Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2006 16:00

IE Pictures blur and pixelated. on my inspiron 6400

I tried all the methods posted up in the forums and it still hadn't help. i have changed my registry, downloaded all the latest drivers, changed the DPI settings. Can anyone help me? I"m rather frustrated. i have actually system restored my notebook which caused windows to be corrupted. i have restarted from factory settings, yet i still have the problem. please can someone shed some light as it seems to be a settings problem. Here are some picture examples.

Leon

289 Posts

July 4th, 2006 16:00

Message Edited by pent7301 on 08-06-200610:47 PM

4 Posts

July 4th, 2006 19:00

You mean you already tried to change resolution and color quality to higher values...?

11 Posts

July 4th, 2006 23:00

Thanks guys for replying
what acellerator? i dunno what MSN ie acellerator you are reffering to.
Yes i have tried to change the resolution higher.

54 Posts

July 5th, 2006 09:00

hi. this problem occur might because that your monitor does not support for the resolution that you set.

maybe you can refer this: http://experts.about.com/q/Microsoft-Internet-Explorer-1054/IE-6-0-Image.htm

Hope this help!!

54 Posts

i just guess, would it because of your video driver? actually when this happen, or how this happen?

or maybe you can update the driver through dell website and see there is an effect...

11 Posts

i can view pictures out of ie? i changed to other resolutions. they all still end up blur. but i did not try all. maybe some specs will help others who know how to help

I"m Using

Dell Inspiron 6400
1.8 Mhz Dual Core
15.4" WXGA
256 ATI Radeon X1400
1 Gig 667hz RAM
Resolution Set to 1280X800
96DPI
Changed registry UseHR to O
Windows XP Home

I think i have it all??

11 Posts

July 5th, 2006 10:00

I suspected it was the driver so i did update it. still no improvement. its sooooo weird. i dont remember when it happen. i went overseas for a few days but when i came back realised it was like that. prior to that i have no rememberance of this happening. but i restored the settings using the pc restore on the dell to factory settings and upgraded all again. so it should not have a problem yet is does. i don't know if it is a software conflict. this is just in the past few days.

54 Posts

July 5th, 2006 10:00

i have 2 choices for this solution. 1. format your comp but not recommend unless second option is done. 2nd option is borrow any video card and plug in, if work fine, then it might because of your video card problem.

11 Posts

July 6th, 2006 02:00

I dont think your solutions will work. firstly i did the dell pc restore is almost equivalent to a format and it still doesnt work. if it is my graphics card problem i should have problems with every other program but the problem is only with web browsers.  

11 Posts

July 6th, 2006 05:00

Hi steve. i have already done the change in registry but it doesn't help. i don't understand but most people can solve it with that but it doesn't work for me, sigh. getting fedup.

54 Posts

July 6th, 2006 11:00

ok, what browser do you have? did this only happen to IE? how about firefox? if only happen to IE, can you remove it then re-install IE, hope this help.

11 Posts

July 8th, 2006 02:00

HI everyone. update. when i use lan or wifi connection the images become normal again. but my usual connection is through bluetooth modem using a 3G phone. therefore i suspect that its something setting that accelerates or limits the packets for downloading when i'm using bluetooth connecction. i need help pls.

54 Posts

July 9th, 2006 02:00

is this only happen to IE? if does, have you try to remove IE and re-install back to see problem still exist?

11 Posts

July 9th, 2006 03:00

No it doesn't happen only on IE. same problem on any browser.

Message Edited by LEONLIM on 07-08-200611:16 PM

No Events found!