bikeldad
2 Iron

IE Version 7

Microsoft has a download IE 7 Release Canidate. I have read the information I can find and tried to understand it. I am not clear on what a Release Canidate is? How does it-or does it- differ from a Beta version? Can I back out of it?

Thanks
0 Kudos
8 Replies
jmwills
6 Gallium

Re: IE Version 7

This is the mid point between the first beta and the final product.
0 Kudos
bikeldad
2 Iron

Can I uninstall it if causes headaches?
0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

I've been using it since it was released and like it much better than I.E.6. I haven't run into any problems with it.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
jmwills
6 Gallium

At this point, I don't care for it too much.
0 Kudos
JRosenfeld
5 Rhenium

Yes, you can uninstall IE 7 RC1 from add/remove, which will roll back your system to IE 6.

Precision Tower 5810, Quadcore Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3, 3700 MHz
RAM:16 GB PC6400 DDR4 SDRAM 1066MHz
HDD: 2x ATA  ST500DM002-1BD14 500GB SATA non RAID
DVD:HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GTA0N SCSI and PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16AES SCSI
Video: nVIDIA Quadro K4200 PCIe 4GB
Audio: Recon3D PCIe, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 speakers
Monitor: Dell E2011H

7.1 pro sp1 64 bit

0 Kudos
mdwelsh
1 Nickel

I recently downloaded IE7 RCI and personally I am not pleased with it as there are too may "bugs and glitches" in their current version.  After contacting MS Technical Support the technician agreed with my view and informed to go online and use the typical control panel, add/remove programs and then uninstall the IE7 and he informed me that IE6 will automatically download.  He is correct as this is exactly what happened.  You must be connected to the Internet for this application to automatically download IE6.

There are some who are quite pleased with IE7 so it is a personal choice.  Until MS releases a final version then and then will I only consider downloading it.

I am hopeful that this information will help you.

Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mdwelsh
1 Nickel

I downloaded the RCI IE 7 and, in my view, there is much work to be done before I would consider using it.  To answer your question yes you can uninstall it and IE 6 will automatically replace it.  I received this information from Microsoft Technical Support and it works.
0 Kudos
jmwills
6 Gallium

IE 7 is final.
0 Kudos