Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 26th, 2006 16:00

IE corrupted?

Hello,when I connect to MSN,just as the home page finishes,I get message like:msn explorer has expierence an internal problem ,tell msn or don't tell.when I respond,It shuts down an try to resign in automatically only to get the same error reports.I tried MANY times to resove this with msn.They'er telling me my ie is corrupted.No one with micr/s will help because of my old 98se.I do not have a 98 cd/se to reinstall?help..thanks,,,I was able to stay on line this time?Any self repair methods?sorry for the bad type/broken right wrist.

155 Posts

July 26th, 2006 18:00

Hi,

Try this ...

Click on "Start" > "Settings" > "Control Panel" > "Add/Remove Programs" > "Install/Uninstall" > "Microsoft Internet Explorer" > "Repair Internet Explorer" and then click "OK"

Jim McNamara

85 Posts

July 27th, 2006 00:00

thanks,I tried that many times,no changes

1.3K Posts

July 27th, 2006 20:00

Try going to Control panel>add and remover Window components. Uncheck the box next to Internet Explorer. Let the system do its thing. Then go back in and put the check mark back. This will do a clean install of Internet Explorer. But it will only load IE 5.0 only. Then you will have to update IE from windows update.
No Events found!