This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2009 09:00

IE6 Web Page Opening

How do I get a web page to open with a full screen upon opening?  Thank you

1.1K Posts

July 29th, 2009 18:00

If it’s the “remember last window size”, (Window Placement) that you are trying to resolve

Assuming you tried the above method & it didn’t resolve the problem, then try the following:

(A) After launching IE6, resize your Home page (make sure it’s the only web page open) steps 4 & 5

If that doesn’t work

(B) Similar to above but with an alternative method in Step 2

1. With only one web page open (the one with a hyperlink that you are going to select)

2. Right-click on the hyperlink & select "Open in New Window"

Leave that web page you have just opened (in a new window)

3. Close the first web page using the normal upper RHS [X] Close button

The web page opened in new window should be the only one present in IE6

4. Using only drag handles &/or boundary lines, resize the web page window to full screen size

I.e. DO NOT click on the upper RHS Maximise button

5. Once done hold down the Ctrl key & click the upper RHS [X] Close button

This will close that resized web page & your IE6 browser

If none of these methods work then it looks like the registry data value for Window_Placement is corrupt?

Registry path is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Note the FullScreen function (F11 key) is in same registry path but a different entry

• 

16.7K Posts

July 28th, 2009 08:00

Longback,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Here are some ways to make IE open up in full screen.

• Open the Internet Explorer and then press F11 key for a full screen mode.
  • You can address the problem even by creating a new button for full screen mode on the Internet Explorer toolbar. In order to create a Full Screen button on the toolbar follow these simple steps:
  • Right click on the Internet Explorer toolbar and select the Customize option.

Then Under the Available Toolbar Buttons select by clicking Full Screen ->click->Add->click->close.

After doing this close the window. Next time you use Internet Explorer it will start the session in a Full Screen mode.

69 Posts

July 28th, 2009 14:00

Thank you for the reply.  After going through the steps to make it full screen mode, I close the window with the X in upper right corner and using the file--close method.  Next opening it is back to the smaller window.

1.1K Posts

July 28th, 2009 19:00

Longback

It’s your call but you should be using IE7 or even better IE8, anyway for IE6

If you mean when opening web pages from hyperlinks they don’t appear in full screen size

(I’m NOT referring to IE browser Full Screen View, using the F11 key)

If correct then try this for IE6 (also works in IE8, I’ve just tried it twice)

1. Launch your IE6 browser (assume it opens your Home web page in full screen size?)

If it does then in your Home page look for any hyperlink or initiate say a Google search to obtain a web page of hyperlinks

2. Click on any hyperlink, if it doesn’t open in full screen size, just leave it that way

3. Now close ALL other web pages using the normal upper RHS [X] (Close button)

(The page that didn’t open in full size should be the only web page still standing in IE6)

4. Now only use manual drag handles or boundary lines to resize the web window to full screen size

5. Once done Press & hold down the Ctrl key & click the upper RHS [X] Close button

This will close that resized web page & your IE6 browser

Next time you launch IE6, web pages opened from hyperlinks should open in full screen size

69 Posts

July 29th, 2009 07:00

Thank you for replying.  That is the problem, when I open any web page including launching IE6 and getting my home page they are not full screen.  I can make them full by F11 or maximize button next to red X.  Is there a way to just have them open full?  Thank you

69 Posts

July 30th, 2009 05:00

Thank you for your help.

1.1K Posts

July 30th, 2009 08:00

You are welcome, good to see you got it fixed  :emotion-21:

No Events found!