Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

February 16th, 2012 13:00

IE9 Bottom of the Screen Stuff

Overall, I like this version of Internet Explorer, but it does have some annoyances. I get a lot of messages or alerts. A common one concerns blocking content that allegedly has security certificate errors. This occurs on accepted sites and pages like MSN and in Hotmail. An email might (mostly) come up but IE9 is worried about the artwork or something on the page and blocks it. This warning never concerns the main message. In other words, none of these alerts really amounts to anything. I have than adequate security protection so I doubt if anything is getting through.

Then there is the frequent reference about disabling add-ons, which I never add anything on myself...the systems or the programs do. I once tried to delete all the add-ons to see what would happen, and they came right back in short period of time. I do like the download info that shows up down below, just have to push Save and then Run, and its done. So...is there anyway to adjust this browser...I don't see anything in Tools at the upper right that would be of help.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

February 17th, 2012 08:00

Pages such as MSN and Hotmail should not be showing certificate errors, regardless of your settings; they should load and display with no errors of any kind on a default installation of Windows/IE9 ... or it may be a temporary issue with the site (both are Microsoft).  If you are getting certificate errors, I might first check any antivirus or security software you might be using, proxy settings, or public DNS services you are using.  You might also consider running a scan with MalwareBytes to make sure you don't have anything malicious on your PC.  If you have played with any of the security settings within IE9, you might consider reversing them or just resetting to defaults if you don't remember what changes you made.

Add-ons are indeed installed with software, but can be enabled/disabled from within the browser.  All add-ons must be okay'd by the user to be enabled when first installed.  After that, the add-ons box will come up whenever an add-on takes longer than .2 seconds to load.  You can change the amount of time it takes to kick on that box if you have an add-on that is constantly taking that long to load, to prevent from seeing the message as often, but if you have one that is taking a long time to load, I would ask yourself if you even really want/need that add-on and consider removing it altogether.

No Events found!