Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2017 08:00

Inspiron 15-N5030, Windows 7 driver help needed

I am rebuilding an Inspiron 15-N5030 Laptop with windows 7. It had Windows 10 but it fell over and crashed. Not all the drivers are installed and I can't find the driver page, I've put in the tag number but all it gives me is a Bios and a SATA update, where are the drivers for this. I do not have a disk that came with it. Where are the drivers?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 22nd, 2017 09:00

Actually, I just checked that model and the newest supported OS for that system is Windows 7 64-bit, so those drivers and applications may not be appropriate for Windows 10.  In that case I'd recommend using Dell Command Update or perhaps even Windows Update since the latter often does deliver useful driver updates.  If those don't get you all the drivers you need, post what's missing and we may be able to help.

4 Posts

I'm not interested in Windows 10, I hate it. Plus I have no network drivers, so I can't connect it to the Internet

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

1. Try using Dell Command Update, which should automatically get the drivers you need.

2. If that fails, try going to support.dell.com WITHOUT entering your Service Tag.  That can cause drivers that your specific system doesn't need to be listed, but sometimes entering the service tag HIDES some drivers that your system does need.

4 Posts

I didn't know that, thanks

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 22nd, 2017 10:00

Ok, then get to some other PC, download the appropriate network drivers to a flash drive, install them on the PC, and then attempt the steps I mentioned above.

No Events found!