Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

February 1st, 2015 16:00

Inspiron 6000, password

how can I get back into my dell inspiron 6000 I forgot my password long story short.x serv code <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy> windows xp pro.is there a master password or a restore command I can do or f12 .I got to bios and changing the password doesn't work any help I would appreciate reply.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 2nd, 2015 06:00

If this a BIOS password you need to call Dell Technical Support, verify your ownership and pay for the support. Its not worth it for such an obsolete model.

If its a Windows password, you'll need to manually clean install Windows. Windows XP has reached end of life and its not recommended you continue using it. The hardware of the system is pretty poor so its not worthwhile upgrading it to Windows 7 32 Bit and the video will likely be incompatible with Windows 8.1 32 Bit or Windows 10 32 Bit.

56 Posts

February 13th, 2015 02:00

For BIOS Admin password, there are password generation programs available on the web to get you back into your BIOS and unlock it. This old Inspiron 6000 should display a # -595B code on screen and all -595B laptops can easily be unlocked.

I confirm the previous statement: performance under Win7 is kind of poor on the Inspiron 6000 and GMA915 graphics not fully supported (no Win7 drivers means requirement to install XP ones). This is a very old laptop that has long reached obsolescence.

1 Message

May 7th, 2021 00:00

How do I get by password authenticity?

No Events found!