Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2016 16:00

Inspiron Mini 10, very slow, Windows 7 back to Windows XP?

I purchased a used Inspiron Mini 10. It now has Windows 7 on it and Microsoft word. It is running very slow. Looking at the label on the bottom of this computer it appears to have come with Windows XP. I was wondering if there is any way I could get to go back to running on Windows XP. If I was able to do this would my computer run faster. Would I lose the Word program that I now have on my computer. I do not have the disks for Windows XP. I also do not have a place to put CD's or DVDs in. Do you know if this computer came with Microsoft word program or some type of external CD or DVD player. Can anyone give me any suggestions for making my computer run faster on the internet. The person that sold me the Computer told me that he was a computer technician and that this computer was all cleaned up before he sold it to me and that I should not have any problems with the computer. I would welcome any suggestions that you are able to give me. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.  I really would welcome any suggestions.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 4th, 2016 06:00

I purchased a used Inspiron Mini 10. It now has Windows 7 on it and Microsoft word. It is running very slow. Looking at the label on the bottom of this computer it appears to have come with Windows XP. I was wondering if there is any way I could get to go back to running on Windows XP. If I was able to do this would my computer run faster. Would I lose the Word program that I now have on my computer. I do not have the disks for Windows XP. I also do not have a place to put CD's or DVDs in. Do you know if this computer came with Microsoft word program or some type of external CD or DVD player. Can anyone give me any suggestions for making my computer run faster on the internet. The person that sold me the Computer told me that he was a computer technician and that this computer was all cleaned up before he sold it to me and that I should not have any problems with the computer. I would welcome any suggestions that you are able to give me. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.  I really would welcome any suggestions.

The mini 10 wasn't meant for heavy lifting like using Microsoft Office. From what I can tell the first model has 1GB of RAM. It dates from 2009.

Windows XP isn't recommended for use these days due to security flaws.

If it was me, I would load Linux on it. BUT, you don't sound like a person for that, so I strongly recommend returning it for a FULL refund.

You overpaid for underpowered PC.

• 

17K Posts

January 4th, 2016 06:00

mini10,

You would need to find the Windows XP disc on the internet. It is not longer support by Microsoft. You would also need to purchase an external cd/dvd drive to install the disk.  If you were to remove Windows 7 and reinstall Windows XP you would also need to have the office version disk that is installed on your computer.

I use a program on my computer  and  I run it about every other week to clean out unwanted files. It also keeps the system running faster. The program is called "Clean Up". Do a Google Search to find the program. It is a free program but you can also donate funds if you so choose.

No Events found!