Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2010 10:00

Internet Explorer 8

Hi,

I am hoping that I am posting in the right forum. I received an email from Yahoo recommending that I update my browser to Internet Explorer 8. I have Windows 7.  I thought I had read on this forum before that some people had problems once they switched over to Internet Explorer 8.  Do I have to switch? I really don't want anymore computer drama.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

July 29th, 2010 10:00

Windows 7 shipped with IE 8, so there should be no reason to have to "upgrade" to it.  Or is Yahoo! saying you should be using IE8 instead of what you are using.  Are you using Firefox or some other browser?  What exactly did the email message say?

68 Posts

July 29th, 2010 12:00

Please do not reply to this email. See instructions at the bottom if you wish to unsubscribe. Having trouble viewing the email below? Please click here.
Yahoo!
Internet Explorer 8 Get it Now

I am not sure if I am replying right, looks like things have changed here since I have posted last. Here is a copy of the email. I am having a hard time typing a response.

Get more out of the Web.
• Browse safer with better protection and security.
• Enjoy increased speed and browse the Web faster.
• Preview your att.net Mail Inbox without leaving the page you're on.
Get your free upgrade now.
Already upgraded? Thank you.

Windows, Internet Explorer, and the Internet Explorer logo
are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Make Yahoo! your homepage.

You received this advertisement from Yahoo! Search because your AT&T account, powered by Yahoo!, indicates that Yahoo! may contact you about using Yahoo! for research and surfing the Web and online access and ways to connect to the Internet. If you do not wish to receive future commercial mailings from Yahoo!, unsubscribe by clicking here. If you would like to change or edit your communications for this or other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences page. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

July 29th, 2010 12:00

It is just an advertisement to make sure you are running the latest, safest, best-web-supporting version of IE available ... since you have Windows 7, you already have IE8, so don't worry about upgrading.  You can continue using your current browser (non-IE), if that is what you are using, but if you have problems with any pages or features on Yahoo! with the non-IE browser, just use IE - you have the right version.

68 Posts

July 29th, 2010 13:00

Thank you!

No Events found!