Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2012 16:00

Jerky Mouse

Hello,

I have a crazy problem.  My mouse has been acting crazy.  When I go to scroll down it goes down but not smoothly.

I sure hope someone can help me on this one.  I took two other mouses to see if it would work.  The other two mouses

worked the same way.  Jerky not smooth.  I went and bought a new mouse but it did the same.  So it must be the computer.

The only thing I can think of doing something different was I uninstalled this ARC Software programs.  That came with my Kodak Camera.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

42 Posts

July 2nd, 2012 08:00

I sent a message about a Jerky Mouse.  I now have found in the Device Mgr. that the Display Mrg. under the Display
Adapter.  There is a yellow explanation mark.  It reads Radeon X300 Series.  So I guess I need a new or up to date Driver.  Can someone help me with this issue. 

I am sort of a novice when it comes to doing or fixing things.  So Help!

July 5th, 2012 17:00

Hi Gigee,

Welcome to the Dell Community,

Thank you for posting on Dell Community Forum, I’m sorry to hear that the mouse/touchpad has caused a lot of inconvenience to you. Based on the issue that you have posted, it seems to be a driver issue. Please log on to support.dell.com, click on Drivers and Downloads, enter the service tag or select the model of your computer to install the latest drivers for mouse/touchpad for your computer.

Note:

• If you are using a laptop, you need to download Touchpad Drivers under Input Section.
  • If you are using a desktop computer, you need to download Chipset Drivers.
  • After download & installation is completed, restart your computer and check if the mouse is working.

Please follow the below mentioned link to install the latest drivers.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection

Please reply to the post if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Aryan_V

Dell Social Media Responder

42 Posts

July 8th, 2012 09:00

Thanks for trying to help.  I should have told you I have Dell 9100 using XP-Desktop.

July 9th, 2012 12:00

Hi Gigee,

Welcome to the Dell Community,

Thank you for replying on Dell Community Forum, I appreciate and thank you for providing the system details. You can download and install the drivers for Radeon X300 Series for your Dimension 9100 Desktop Computer from the below mentioned link.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19

Please revert if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Please reply to the post if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Aryan_V

Dell Social Media Responder

No Events found!