Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2010 04:00

Keyboard Problem With F6 Method Installation of R130118.exe

I have downloaded and extracted SATA driver R130118.exe to a floppy.

I understand I'm suppose to press my F6 key when prompted during windows setup.

I insert disk #1 of 6, which boots to DOS and starts the windows install. When the blue screen first appears, I press F6 immediately...but nothing happens!!!

A couple of seconds later I am prompted to insert disk # 2. I have tried pushing the key repeatedly....holding it down...I never get to the window that offers me the option to make a selection based on my hardware version and configuration.

Please advise.

My computer setup: Dell XPS 400

Keyboard: Dell USB Model SK-8115

Windows Setup Disks: Using six (6) floppy disks containing the files that were download from Microsoft's site

Please Help!!!

8 Posts

January 12th, 2010 04:00

Ok, wait a minute. 6 floppy disk's? as in 6, 3.25 inch 1.44mb floppy disks? What version of Windows are you installing?

When they talk about the F6 option, you have to wait until the "Press F6 to install additional drivers" option is displayed at the bottom of the screen. From a CD it is the first window to display, but from floppy disks this might not be the case until the 6th disk is finished.

7 Posts

January 12th, 2010 11:00

Although I requested additional help on this issue, it is no longer need. I found out the problem.

No Events found!