Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2012 18:00

Library Went Missing after System Restore

Hi there,

After I made a system restore to the original factory status to my PC through Dell Data Safe my library folders (My Pictures, My Music, My Video) went missing from the left navigation pane. But the folders exist when I go to start menu but not appearing in navigation pane. I have tried to right-click on it and restore default libraries didn't work either.

And another issue in the Dell Support Center, I can't access any of the help files in Support Section like (FAQ, Owner Manuals, etc...) it always gives me this message "There was a problem accessing the requested information. Please try again later or visit    http://support.dell.com". And when I try to install Blio ereader through notification in the Dell Support Center it stays at 0% forever.

Can anyone help me please at these issues.

System Information:

DELL, XPS 8300,

Windows 7, 64-Bit Operating System,

Dell Support Center Version: 3.2.6032.47

Thank You.

August 29th, 2012 06:00

Hi Farris,

Restoring the system using Dell Datasafe Local Backup takes it back to the original factory settings(out of the box). All the information (pictures, music and videos) are deleted. We always recommend you to back up the data before performing these steps. However, while restoring  there are 2 options:
1. Restore after preserving new or changed files: In this case you will be able to see the backed up files on the desktop in the Emergency backup folder.
2. Restore without Backup: No data is backed up in this option.
If you have selected the first option you may find some files in the emergency backup folder on the desktop.The folders that you mentiuoned in the post are there in your system as those are the default folders in Windows 7.

Regarding the Dell Support Center issue, there is a new version of Dell Support Center available. I would recommend you to uninstall the previous version and install the new one. To uninstall Dell Support Center: Click on Start> Control Panel>Programs and Features>Add remove Programs> delete Dell Support Center.

You can reinstall Dell Support Center from the following link. http://dell.to/NwCh7M

You can also use this Article ID : 469491 on the www.support.dell.com for more information on Dell Support Center.

Please reply if you have any questions.

8 Posts

August 31st, 2012 07:00

Hi Abhishek_B,

Regarding the library I already have all the files I need in an external hard disk, thats why I didn't back up the files. But the problem is that the (My Picture, My Music, My Documents & My Videos) are not appearing in the Libraries at left navigation pane, when I click on it nothing appears under Libraries. Like the system don't recognize these folders as a library folders maybe or something like that and I don't know how to return them back.

Regarding Dell Support Center I uninstalled and reinstalled it from the link above, still same problem. Not solved yet.

Thanks for your time & help.

8 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 20:00

Hi,

Finally I found a solution for the missing library folders. It seemed to be the system restore made them hidden, so when I check show hidden files & folders in view tab in folder options they appear. But to make them appear permanently you need to go to C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries when you are showing the hidden files you will see them transparent then right-click the folders you want to show (Music, Video, Documents & Pictures) properties general and uncheck hidden then you must restart the computer so the changes takes effect. Then WALA your Library folders appear again in the left navigation pane

But regarding the dell support center issue not solved yet. I reinstalled the latest one still can't access (FAQ, Owner's Manual, etc...) same message appears.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks.

September 3rd, 2012 06:00

Hi Farris,

It’s good to know that the folders were hidden and you have the issue sorted. The Dell Support Center has been modified as My Dell. Please check the picture below, this is how it should look.

If it doesnt look like this, try reinstalling it once more from the following link http://dell.to/O6zy4T

I would like to inform you that you can also find the FAQ, hot topics and the manuals from the link mentioned below.
http://dell.to/RcCSpX

You can also visit our award winning support website for any information about the operating system installed on your computer. You can search for general queries about the operating system, its usage and can help you determine how to make it more efficient. You will get all of this and much more on our support website http://dell.to/JZBpq9
Please reply if you have any questions

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

October 30th, 2012 15:00

I am also facing the follwing issue with the latest version of My Dell (Dell Support Center) Version 3.2.6032.55

I get "There was a problem accessing the requested information. Please try again later or visit    http://support.dell.com" error message whin clicing on:

Under My Dell Screen: Owner's Manual, Software Updates, FAQ, Drivers.

Under Backup Screen (Online File Backup Tab): Learn More.

Under Support Screen (Tools Tab): Owner's Manual, Online Tools, Tours and Training, FAQ, Community Forums, Warranty Information, Service Contracts.

Under Support Screen (Technical Support Tab): Chat, Email, Phone, DellConnect

Under Support Screen (Customer Support Tab): Email, Phone, Feedback, Help and Advice for your PC

System Summary:

Dell XPS 8500

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) SP1

Please advise how to resolve this issue 

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

November 7th, 2012 06:00

Good day, I am still waiting for reply on my previous post. Today I got this window on my desktop "Dell Suport Center" "A previous instance is already running." Clicked Ok and it was gone. Waiting for a reply from DELL.

8 Posts

November 7th, 2012 08:00

Dear ONEIZIEJ,

until today i didn't find any solution for this problem. I posted the same question in another place this is the link

en.community.dell.com/.../20176675.aspx

And they told me that they run out of ideas. So please if you found the solution in anywhere else just post it here.

Thanks.

No Events found!