Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

February 9th, 2007 19:00

McAfee security center - error message

After many days to tech talks, paying for remote access to fix the new update of MaFee, it works EXCEPT for the QUICK CLEAN. IT starts to and them after a few moments - when it is trying to "clean",  a message pops up that says "McAFEE MISP Shell has encountered a problem and needs to close".

So, how can I clean up anything? I would rather NOT change to Norton..but if Dell or the McAfee don't come through soon, I am going to be very angry. I feel let down, especailly afer paying $45 for remote fix!

thanks,
elena

February 10th, 2007 16:00

elena, I have found McAfee to be very trouble prone and no longer use it.  The usual reason for the problem you are having is a conflict with some other program.  You can post on the McAfee forum or run the McAfee "virtual technician"  that may correct the problem automatically for you.  Quick Clean may work in safe mode which can be reached by repeatedly pressing the F8 key when you first start your computer.  Select safe mode from the menu by scrolling to it with the keyboard arrows and hit enter.  You can choose to be administrator and then run the McAfee program.  You may have to start McAfee  Quick Cean manually if it does not auto boot.
No Events found!