Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2006 03:00

Microsoft Bluetooth Services flew through the Bermuda Triangle

I have wasted about 8 hours on trying to solve a problem that is common with the BT Toshiba Stack in the Dell system.  Very dismayed that Dell does not have a fix for this - it has been a most unpleasant experience.

By any manner of means, I have read many posts on how to remove the faulty Dell Toshiba stack, and bring back the Microsoft BT stack.  All the posts are similar and seem to get positive results.  However, I am failing.  I believe that my failure lies within the fact that I can not locate the Microsoft service.  The bth.inf file was never a .bak file, was not in the \Windows directory, but rather the \i386 directory.  Start>Run>services.msc scroll returns no BLUETOOTH SERVICES anywhere.  a Start>Run>bthprops.cpl DOES NOT bring the service into the Control Panel.  I am putty.

Oh yeah, I called Dell today - a robot told me that I am outside of warranty and for an extra $49.95, I could purchase add'l warranty.  Not sure what that is.  Any help would be great.

jm

2.5K Posts

January 9th, 2006 03:00

BTH.INF should reside in your C:\ WINDOWS \ INF \

January 9th, 2006 11:00

thanks.

so, should i move bth.inf to the Windows directory?  what about the other bth filez that are in i386?  how did they get there?

jm

10 Elder

• 

44.4K Posts

January 9th, 2006 17:00

Rather than trying to figure out what belongs where and what files are damaged or missing, run a system file check:

click start>run
type in: sfc /scannow
(space between sfc and /)
click ok

sfc will replace any damaged/missing XP system files in their correct places. Insert your XP CD if sfc prompts for it.

Ron
No Events found!