Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2012 17:00

Microsoft Office Recovery

Hi eveyone,

I recently restored my computer using the Wndows recovery disc included with my Dell. In doing this, I lost Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010. I am a student so as you can imagine, this software is very important to me and I cannot afford to replace it. I have no product key or back up disc, because Dell did not send me one with my PC. I already talked to Microsoft support, and they sent me here. How can i recover Microsoft Office?

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 6th, 2012 17:00

Try Dell's My Dell Downloads site. smartsource.dell.com/.../Welcome.aspx

3 Posts

September 6th, 2012 18:00

good try, but microsoft office isnt on the list.

6 Posts

September 7th, 2012 08:00

I would really like to know any answers regarding this because I did something similar and I went to the microsoft website and downloaded a trial edition and now its reading that I can't install because a file is corrupted and I need to contact the manufactorer. I have had better luck on the forum then I have had with tech support. Help!

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

September 7th, 2012 14:00

Use the Microsoft Office installer from here.

3 Posts

September 8th, 2012 17:00

Thats perfect, but I still don't have my product key.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

September 8th, 2012 18:00

If you bought Office 2010 with your system, you should have got a MPI card, the product key will be on it.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

September 8th, 2012 18:00

When you purchase Office from an OEM, they send you a Microsoft licensing card with the Product Key on it ... check your original packaging/paperwork.  If you have lost it, then you will need to purchase a new license.  There are, of course, alternatives to Office (although none I would care to recommend).  Another option is to obtain Office through a Microsoft program.  Many schools have programs with academic Microsoft software for students and teachers for little or no cost.

No Events found!