Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2012 20:00

Missing CRYPT32.dll

Hello I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Dell Inspiron one running windows 7 with an intel core 2 duo. The problem I am having is that for some reason windows won't start. I begin to the windows icon then a window pops up telling me: LogonUI.exe - System Error The program can't start because CRYPT32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. From what I have read I need to get into safe mode. I have tried F8 so many times but it just won't let me in. I have tried F1 and niether did that. F12 and F2 are accessible. When I purchased the computer through Dell it did not come with an installation disk. Any suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2012 07:00

Try the Dell Repair your computer and see if that fixes it.  I don't think it will delete any user data, but I can't be sure as I don't have this on my Dell.  

Press F8 at power on and that will access the Dell Recovery Partition.  Of of the options should be repair your computer.

If you can access Startup Repair by pressing F8 before Windoew starts (different than the Dell Recovery), you can try to fix it that way.  The other way is to run startup repair from a Disc.  You can download Windows 7 (download the exact same version of Windows 7 you have - such as Home 64 bit), create an iso DVD and use that for the Startup Repair.  

If Startup Repair will not work, you are looking at a complete reinstall.  

Windows 7 download

Imgburn  (CD/DVD burning program that wil burn an iso DVD)

How to run Windows 7 Startup Repair

No Events found!