This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2006 23:00

Missing Java Runtime Environment Files

Hi, everyone:

Can someone please tell me where I can get the following three Java files:

1. Java/update/Base Images/jre1.5.0b64/core1.zip
2. Java/update/Base Images/jre1.5.0b64/core2.zip
3. Java/update/Base Images/jre1.5.0b64/core3.zip

These three files are Shared dll files. Because they are not in my system I cannot delete jre1.5.0-08 from the Add/Remove program in the Control Panel. An error message pops up that says: "Internal Error 2753 Reg Utils". I searched the Java site but couldn't find any support for downloading missing files.

On the other hand, does anyone know of a program that will delete stubborn entries from the Add/Remove Programs that Windows XP will not delete? I downloaded Tweak UI for Windows XP but it no longer supports altering Add/Remove programs as it used to do.

Thanks very much for any help.

Bill D

549 Posts

October 2nd, 2006 00:00

Hi
You can try Add-Remove pro to
remove Java 
http://www.superwin.com/freeware.htm  or try downloading jre 1.5.8
over its self then uninstall. Also jre 1.5.9 was just released.
Good luck

25 Posts

October 2nd, 2006 05:00

Hello, chasbox:

Thanks very much for the Add/Remove Pro link. The program worked well. At first, Java Runtime Environment 5.0 update 8, was not on the original list to be removed. But after a little searching I found the uninstall string under another tab and selected and deleted it. Sure enough, the listing in the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove was promptly deleted.

As you suggested, I had already downloaded jre1.0 5.0_08 to reinstall, but the program would not work. Everytime I double-clicked the desktop icon to reinstall, a message popped up saying "You already have this program installed. Please uninstall the old program for a new reinstallation." (A real "Gotcha" or "Catch 22" situation).
And yes, I do have the new jre1.5.9 installed. Now that everything is working correctly again, I suppose I will not need those other files I listed in my first posting.

Anyway, thanks again, and regards.

Bill D

549 Posts

October 2nd, 2006 19:00

Y W  :smileyhappy:
Glad it worked out. 

No Events found!