Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2009 16:00

Missing drivers after downgrading from Vista to Windows XP

I have already posted these questions lat week, please let me know if I am addressing the wrong forum. Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have recently downgraded my Vista Inspiron 1720 (equipped with two 160 GB disks)  to Windows XP Pro (English version) to keep compatibility with some of my old applications and programs. In order to retain anyway the existing VISTA installation, I have bought a new 160 GB disk and I replaced the existing system disk. Installation of the OS went almost fine , the computer is runnning correctly , but I encountered the following problems:

1) Now the system disc appears to be labelled as (D) instead of the usual (C) while the other data disk (D as usual under VISTA) now appears as (C). Even if this does not seem to cause any problem, I am a bit annoyed since I am used to the usual (C) for system disk. Any idea about the reason?

2) I encountered the BCM2045 problem for the Bluetooth device : the device manager list problems (the usual yellow question mark) for the "BCM2045 " Windows XP driver and for "Modem device on high definition audio bus". (what is?)  I did not find any entry for these drivers under Dell support. How /where can I find the drivers and fix both the problems?

3) Even if I used WEBCAM driver (Webcam driver R160320.EXE), the built in  WEBCAM does not work and If I try to activate, it reports software driver missing. Which is the proper driver to load?

Just for information  have installed the following drivers after completing Windows XP istallation

• chipset intel R153997.EXE
  • memory card driver RICOH R141246.EXE
  • modem conexant driver R148605.EXE
  • network broadcom 440 R149798.EXE
  • Nvidia 8600M XP R173730.exe
  • Sigmatel audio driver R171789.exe
  • Webcam driver R160320.EXE
  • Wireless 3945 ABG Intel_multi-device_A13_R171131.exe

I tried to slipstream (using Nlite) SATA  R154200.EXE (is it the correct drive ?)  but it did not work so I switched BIOS to ATA and it worked

Thanks in advance for any help

Giampaolo

No Responses!
No Events found!